Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Restocking

Update....see signature!!

I ended up with 6 juv firemouths, 7 juv black convicts and 2 extra gouramis for the 75gal...once they pair off...I'll decide what to do with the "extras".

For the 55gal I got an additional bolv ram for the lonely female, 4 juv german rams and 6 red eye tetras.

So far, I've had to QT 4 convicts for cloudy eye and 1 of the red eye tetras had popped eye and died. Every"one" else is doing wonderful  
    75gal: 2 Blk Male Cons-Pair Firemouth+Fry-3 Sunset Gouramis-3 Hillstream "Butterfly" Loaches
    55gal: 2 Bol. Rams-1 4-Line Pim. Cat-10 Comunty Fish-1 Cmn? Pleco-1 Albino Bstlnose Pleco
    29gal: Tore down...For Sale!

Re: Update on Restocking

I'd add a few more Red Eye tetras to the 55, they like company.
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

I think I'll have to...they are all over the place, not schooling at all. How many do you think??
      75gal: 2 Blk Male Cons-Pair Firemouth+Fry-3 Sunset Gouramis-3 Hillstream "Butterfly" Loaches
      55gal: 2 Bol. Rams-1 4-Line Pim. Cat-10 Comunty Fish-1 Cmn? Pleco-1 Albino Bstlnose Pleco

Comment

You have 5 right now?

Usually schooling fish won't school all the time, but will get together when they're nervous and such. Schooling is a form of comfort for these guys, I think. I have had 7 together for years and they're happy. I'd recommend getting a couple more, if you can. 6 is usually the minimum for schooling fish, but I usually try to do more. 8 or 10 would work, depending on which bottom feeder(s) you choose.  :)
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I have 6 right now. I'll get another 4 and hope that helps :)

Comment

In a 55g? go for like 10 more!
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have 6 or 7 in a 20 and they don't school, but they do get a little aggressive with each other some times. I normally have at least 3 or 4 that are missing bite sized parts of their dorsal fins and I think that a bigger number helps cut down on bullying. They're a great fish, fun to watch, full of personality, and cheap; get as many as you can.
              So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

I agree.  :)  I love mine. They'll definitely be able to defend themselves if your rams get aggressive! Mine won't let anyone besides cories in the tank with them. And they do tend to nibble a bit on plants, but now that I've got more light and CO2 and ferts you can't really notice b/c the plants grow so quickly.
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Ok, I can grab 11 (one was dead last night?? don't know why?) more of them...now I just have to figure out my clean'er uppers and I'll be set  

Comment

Working...
                  X