Trigonostigma hengeli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigonostigma hengeli

I have a young school of 8 T. hengeli (Rasbora hengeli) arriving tomorow.
    Any suggestions on how to make them at home or what it takes to breed them ?

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: Trigonostigma hengeli

I'm not an expert, but I would think that water would be a good start for making them feel at home. That's where I always start anyway......Good luck, they look like awesome fish.
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

i have heard that rasporas are sometimes hard to breed in captivity, one of the few successes i read about was that a person put like 12 in a 125 gallon planted and didnt put anything else in there for a while and they started seeing young, dont know if u got a big tank for them but them by themselves with lots of room and plants sounds like a good way to try to get them to breed. just so they dont worry about predators.
      Never fear I is here
      David Abeles
      Vice President
      Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

PP

From the articles I read, that where posted on that link you provided, they sound like adorable little guys, I hope you find the first hand knowledge you seek to get you started.  Good Luck and keep us posted.

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

For breding Harlequins you need water at 5-5.5 PH and low light. Its probably similar.

Comment

Working...
          X