Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are you guys getting co2 filled at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you guys getting co2 filled at?

I have two 10lbs that I need to get refilled which I have gotten them filled at Village Tropical now Fish Gallery but wanted to know where you guys are getting y'alls bottles filled at.

I am wanting to get mine filled and not exchanged cause they are brand new aluminum bottles and they are sitting on the side of the tank so I would rather not have a nasty looking thing visible.

I know CityPets and Fish Gallery fills but I hear they don't use a scale to fill their bottles 8O
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Where are you guys getting co2 filled at?

Friend at work's son has a few planted tanks, and he's told me he sometimes uses Beverage Mart.  I confirmed they'll fill cylinders because I phoned to ask if they also sold them. They don't, but it was worth a shot. Since I have only the 38 gallon tank planted now, I ended up buying a 24 oz. aluminun cylinder at my local Academy, where they also have the means to fill. Hopefully it will last me a while. I go by that part of town often enough that I don't think I'll mind refilling there. They also told me about another place that's nearby and open on Sundays, but this is in Pasadena.
    MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

Beverage Mart?

I have heard of different fire extinguisher places and bottling companies but most do exchanges only....
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Welding shops
        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

I go to citypets they do it pretty good and cheap.
          180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Comment

I was also planning on going to City Pets...I didn't know they didn't use scales, though.  :?

Any welding shops you would recommend?
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Walter, do they exchange or just refill?

CityPets and FishGallery are both pretty cheap but they don't use scales so who knows exactly how cheap it is? Also with FG their prices seem to change pretty frequently or at least between me and a friend they have charged different prices.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Very important to use a scale, so you get enough but not too much.

Overfilled a tank once. Drove home with it in the car, with my hand on it to steady it. I got home and put it inside the cabinet until I could get to it. I heard a pop and a bang, and the cat shot past me. The tank fell out of the cabinet. Gas started venting, spinnning the bottle, freezing the carpet, filling the room with "smoke". I kicked it away from the TV and stereo.

The collar of the tank was damaged, tank was ruined. The Airgas place took it back, even though it was partly my fault, as I told them it was a 10 lb tank but it was a 5 lb tank -- my first refill so I wasn't sure -- and a new guy filled it so he didn't know better.

Scared the daylights out of the cat, who may or may not have been in the cabinet when the whole thing started. Scared me pretty good too, I ran around opening windows.

All my houseplants turned really green.

Comment

Academy told me they have scales. Don't remember if I asked Beverage Mart, but yeah...they do CO2 because they do kegs.
                  MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                    Walter, do they exchange or just refill?

CityPets and FishGallery are both pretty cheap but they don't use scales so who knows exactly how cheap it is? Also with FG their prices seem to change pretty frequently or at least between me and a friend they have charged different prices.
                    The ones I have used just refill.
                    Mod OF Marshreef

Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Airgas
                      13636 Hempstead Hwy.
                      713-462-8027

Ten pounder was $19.92 back in April. They fill them right. I called all around in April, I only found them and some place off of Navigation area that actually filled them.
                      Brian

Comment

I might flip through the phone book and call around tomorrow to try and find something close by but the last fire extinguisher place I called wanted an A$$ reaping for exchanges.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

could you not use a paintball place to have them refilled?

Comment

Think they would probably be a bit expensive but my main concern is to have a place that refills instead of exchanging and scale their refills.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

EK the price I pay for refills on a 10lbs bottle is $10.00 at the welding shops
                              Mod OF Marshreef

Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Working...
                              X