Worms on the glass, everywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worms on the glass, everywhere!

There is little tiny hair worms all over the inside of the glass in my tank.  They are everywhere, there must be hundreds.  What is it and how do I get rid of it,....and will my fry fish be affected?

Re: Worms on the glass, everywhere!

planaria, too much uneaten food in the tank.....how am I suppose to feed fry multiple times during the day and make sure they are eating it all.  I am putting in the smallest pinch.....

Comment

Hydra ?

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Not Hydra.  It said only in fry tanks that feed live food, and I have been using freezing dried only.  Cool read though.  I rearranged the tank and gave the gravel a good vacuum.  I also have been using a UGF and a DIY sponge, but I put a carbon filter back in and it really cleaned the water up.  

I read this guy's question and pretty much had the same condition.  Recently had mollies die and these worms are suppose to be harmless but they give you the creeps.  I keep fish, not worms.  What a relief though that it was a simple sort of thing.

Comment

So, everything's good now?

Just be sure to do lots of water changes when you're feeding so often.
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Yeah, everything is fine.  I try to feed very little, only two or three large flakes and grind them up between my fingers.  Much cheaper than the Hakari food I was previously using.  

I know alot of people don't like using carbon, but it really made the water clean.  When I was buying my fish stand from cichlidsooner, he said he had 30 lbs. of the powered carbon and he uses it in cichlid tanks that don't have plants cause it keeps the water clean.  My main tank has plants and I use florishem (liquid carbon) which keeps the water clean, helps the plants grow, and kills algae.  Wonderful stuff but expensive.  I will have to find out more about powder carbon.

Comment

A little hint for breaking up flake food is put some in a container with a marble or two, close tightly and then shake it like crazy until it's the right size.  I like doing it this way as it still leaves some variety in the sizes of the pieces so each little fishy can find something just the right size for themself and you can easily control the size of the flake as the fry grow.
              Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Working...
              X