2007 AGA International Aquascaping Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 AGA International Aquascaping Contest

Since ek mentioned it, I figured I'd start a thread.

AGA is hosting its annual contest for planted tanks. They put me on the mailing list so I could help advertise, and are in the process of writing an official "bulletin," if you will, for online forums. When that's finalized, I'll post it, but since the deadline for submissions is, I think, September 15, it's probably a good idea to get the word out here on HFB.  :)

For more info:
    An international organization of aquatic plant enthusiasts.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: 2007 AGA International Aquascaping Contest

Ahhh....the AGA.

My Mini-M was suppose to be in it this year. :(
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

2008 will be my first year entering... time to get it rollingggg
      ADA mini-m planted
      ADA mini-m riparium
      ADA 30-C nano reef
      ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
      ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
      Eheim 90cm SA biotope
      110g Peacocks

Comment

Here's the official announcement!  :)

Dear Fellow Aquascapers,

With little over a month until the deadline for the 2007 AGA International Aquascaping Contest, it’s time to get those tanks pruned and ready for pictures.  Had more entries so far this year than in previous years.  So, it is sure to be another great year of outstanding aquascapes with some stiff competition in a number of the categories.

As an added incentive to get those tanks ready and entered into this year’s contest, the AGA will again have a number of awards to give to the best aquascapes of the various categories as well as ribbons for the tanks that place in the contest.  With support from various vendors and national clubs, we should be able to provide some nice awards to the winning aquascapes.

So, get those tanks perfected and pictures shot.  The September 30th deadline is fast approaching!  We look forward to another year of exciting and dynamic aquascapes.

For more information about the contest, please visit the website:
        http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/.  If your club or company would like to donate to the awards for this year’s contest, please contact the AGA at bailin_shaw@hotmail.com.

Regards,
        Bailin Shaw
        Aquascaping Contest Chair

Comment

Bumpety Bump!  

Comment

Last chance....!

Hello Aquascapers,

With less than a week before the close of the contest, it is time to finish up the photos and get those last minute entries into the contest.  This year's contest closes on September 30 at midnight. Then the entries are release to our esteemed judges for review.

Please be certain that the photo release forms have been signed for your entry so that your photos can be included in the contest.

We in the AGA are excited to see the 2007 aquascapes once the judging is final and the winners announced.  As with past competitions, this should be another banner year for new and innovative designs, and like years past, the best entries within each category will again be given awards.

For information on submitting an entry, please visit the Aquatic Gardeners Association website at: www.aquatic-gardeners.org.  We look forward to seeing the entries in this year's contest!

Kind Regards,
            Bailin Shaw

Comment

i remmember looking through the pics of one such competition i saw, and its just crazy some of the tanks, and so mny different ways of keeping plants.
              Never fear I is here
              David Abeles
              Vice President
              Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I can't wait to see the entries!!!

Every year the scapes increase in style and flavor! You also notice how the contestants get better through the years too!

Hopefully next year I will be able to enter my little Mini-M which I am sourcing hardscape for already......
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I hope you enter next year, too!!

Yeah, I love looking at all the tanks. Hopefully they'll be some cool paludariums in there, too!  :)

You can also go to that sight and look at entries from 2000 on...

Comment

i love that website, i have gone through the entries so many times, everytim i discover something new, the big ones are awesome, but some of the nano scapes just amaze me because of the depth in design in such a small space - one day, maybe one day, even i can enter this thing, 2012 maybe  :wink:
                    65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
                    55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
                    30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Here goes you top 15

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

That's ADA, actually. AGA has 2 more days to go (had me really confused there for a minute!).

But WOW, those tanks are AMAZING.  8O  I can't get over them!

Comment

ADA host the AGA contest I belive......these are insider pics and AGA will be uploading the pictures soon.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hello Aquascapers,

WOW!!! What a incredible turnout for this year's contest! The 2007 AGA International Aquascaping Contest is now officially closed for entries. The entries are being sent to the judges for their analysis and ranking. This has been a banner year for the contest, with over 200 entries in the various contest categories. As the coordinator, I do not envy the arduous job that the judges have ahead of them, but I am excited to see such a great turnout for this year's contest.

The wait should be short to see who entered and did well in this year's contest. We anticipate that on November 1, the winners of the individual categories will be announced, as well as the best of show for the contest. So, stay tuned it's only a short wait to see what new plants, new innovations and ideas, and unique aquascapes have been entered into this year's contest.

Best wishes and Good luck to the participants!

Bailin Shaw
                            AGA Contest Chairperson

Comment

Woohoo! All the tanks entered are up for viewing!!

View all 23+ years of entries to the AGA International Aquascaping Contest, and get the latest info on this year's contest.

Comment

Working...
                              X