New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy

HI ALL.  I'm a newbie here but not a newbie to the africans.  found this forum looking for an african tiger fish.  I don't want one, well i would like to have one, but just wanted to look at em.
    i have 5 tanks.   an acrylic 75 hex, an oceanic 55 tall, a regular 55 and 2- 20's for the fry.  

I raise J. TRANSCRIPTUS, AULONACARA NYASSA, BRICHARDI'S,  AND ASSORTED PLECO'S.

49 years old and been raising africans for about 25 years.  

here is a pic of blue my male. he is in the 75.
     looking forward to getting some more varieties.
    i really like the shell dwellers and would like to trade for some if possible.
    i have about 50 transcriptus. 40 brichardii, and 30 nyassa. all good size.

Randall

Re: New guy

Welcome to the Box!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Welcome to the Box!
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

THANKS.  
        Here is a school of the nyassa juvie's   2.5 inches or so.

Comment

here is a colony of the transcriptus. the one in front of the clay pot is 3.5 inches. its the female. the males head is sticking out the hole on the rock.  i don't know why the camera makes the water look yellow an red.
          and the date is fubar.
           randall

Comment

this is a small section of the oceanic 55.   brichardii/transcriptus colony.
            believe it or not the whole tank looks like this.  its full of fish.  i need to do some horse tradin.  well fish i mean.

Comment

Welcome JohnnyQuest,

Man that was my favorite, well almost favorite saturday morning cartoon show. I'll make you guess which one I like better.
              Anywho, pleasure to have you in the box with the rest of us self admitted fishaholics. Looks like your going to be doing some wheeling and dealing for sure.

Cya round the web......

CF....aka....Steve

slaforce@slaforce.com
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Hey, just out of curiousity, how do the brichardi and trascriptus get along and what size tank are they being kept in?  I have about 100 or more brichardi fry here at the moment, in various age groups, and am looking to move some of them here soon.

CF
                Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

welcome to the box johnnyquest......and my favorite was bandit the dog on that show...looks like my masked brichardi....

Comment

Originally posted by CichlidFan";p="
                    Hey, just out of curiousity, how do the brichardi and trascriptus get along and what size tank are they being kept in?  I have about 100 or more brichardi fry here at the moment, in various age groups, and am looking to move some of them here soon.

CF
                    They tollerate each other because they are crowded.   the transcriptus hang low in the tank so they are not competing for territory.
                    this is a 55 gal.  i have so many fish i need to go to the market and post up some killa deals.
                    randall

Comment

What all do you have that you could possibly part with??  Welcome to FishBox?  What is that in your avatar....one of yours?

Comment

i  might be interested in obtaining some of the transcriptus from you indeed......i'll pm you with my info..

Comment

Welcome to HFB!
                          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Welcome Jonnyquest,

I am in the same boat as chiclidfan, I have 100+ brichardi fry and I would like to mix up the bloodline.
                            150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                            125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                            115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Originally posted by Hanson77";p="
                              What all do you have that you could possibly part with??  Welcome to FishBox?  What is that in your avatar....one of yours?
                              hanson, i posted on the fish market what i need to get rid of.  that avatar is an AULONACARA NYASSA, yes he is one of mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X