HFB Frontosa has a problem!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFB Frontosa has a problem!!!!!

I've got a little guy that is breathing fast and not swimming around very good. I just saw him this morning before I came to work. Is there anything that can be done at this point??? He was fine yesterday!!! I just did a water change 2 nights ago. Everyone else in the tank apears to be fine. Ph was 7.8

Re: HFB Frontosa has a problem!!!!!

Aggression?
    Water parameters?Nitrates/Nitrites/Ammonia?
    Tankmates?
    Tank size?
    Feeding?Foods?
    Dose it look like it has a hard time staying down/Floating around?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'm afraid I can't offer much advice only sympathy at this point, I sure hope he gets better soon. I'm sure someone will have some good advice and will be posting that advice soon. I am currently treating one of my fish in a so called "sick tank" with some medicine called Melafix or something like that.

Seems to be working for my green terror and his condition, I was told it works wonders, maybe it might help your front....???

Good Luck...

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

As far as the water para??? I will try and get the wife to check but I don't know. Is a 55 gal with other Fronts in it 5 2-3" and with this one 4 about 1.5" I feed them last night (hikari) and he did not eat well. He Is staying down but if someone swims past his, like it throws his off balance!!

Comment

Was thinking of calling in sick to tend to a sick fish but....... I guess it is like teaching your wife how to change a flat tire, need to do it before it happens and you can't get there in time. I will teach her how to do the test and learn what they are and what they mean. Lesson learned.

Comment

Sounds like float.....swim bladder problem where it can't stay afloat or "balanced".

If it does in fact have float it should have a really hard time swimming or staying still.

Treat with Epsom salt....1tbsp per 5g and only add salt to the water that has been replaced or doesn't have salt added to it already. Increase the heat to about 80-82 slowly over the course of a day or so. Small water changes every day with some more Epsom salt should help it.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well a moment of silence please....... Just called the wife and he/she did not make it. Is there anything that should be done to the tank, due to the death of the little Front. Thanks for the help!!

Comment

:(  Sorry about the fish.

I would just watch the other fish in the tank to see if anything seems "off." Oh, and of course, dispose of the dead fish.

Has she tested the water?
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Float wouldn't have killed the fish so sudden....how long have you had them?

Are you overfeeding them? I would run some test on the water and try to describe the living situation of the fronts the best you can so someone here can try and help.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Sorry to hear about the death of the frontosa I like them a lot hopefully one day I will own one....

Comment

Wife has not had a chance to test the water yet. I guess the kids are more important. LOL. She did pull the little guy out. I just got these guys a couple of days ago. I just fed them last night for the first time, they all looked like they were eating well. Some of them did spit the food out. I have not gone to get the other food that they were being fed. They were also fed Hikari. That is what was fed last night. I crushed some of the pellets so they would sink for the little ones. There are 5  2"-2.5" and there are now 3 1"-1.5" with 1 britsle nose placo. They are in a 55 gal. They are going into a 135 that is already up and running. I just have not put them in because I nedd to move the fish in there around to the other tank.

Comment

Oh, well, then there's not a good chance that we can help, if you just got them 2 days ago. Is the tank new, or just the fish? If the tank is cycled, then it's probably something the fish came with. If it's not cycled, test the water.
                        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Tank has been up for years. All the other fish that I bought are all doing well. Is there any thing that I need to worry about. When I get off work in the morning, I will go and get the food they were fed before I bought them.

Comment

Working...
                          X