leleupi in trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leleupi in trouble

I was moving a stand into place and needed to get a 20 g out of the way.  I removed about 3/4 of the water from the tank then moved the tank to another location while i switched out stands.  After putting the 20 g in the right place, i filled the tank w/ water using a python, while the fish were still in there. I immedeatly placed water conditioner into the tank.  THe fish started going crazy, swirling around like they had ceizures.  I placed the leleupi into diff tank but I came out with 4 casualties.  What went wrong?  

Could a sudden Ph kill the fish?
    Michael
    Clear Lake, TX

Re: leleupi in trouble

sudden ph change can kill quickly, sudden temp change can kill quickly.  Sorry for you loss..

Comment

Sudden temp change, pH, chlorine, sometimes ammonia/nitrates, foul metals etc.

Could have been numerous things that caused it with tap water, especially if you don't know what's in it. I test my tap water every month to see what comes out of it before I start using it but for the past years it has been stable in my parts.  

Also when I do water changes from the tap I add my Amquel+plus/NovaAqua+plus into the tank before I add the water.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Biggest issue was filling the tank and then adding your dechlorinator.  I went through that lesson when I first started.....wiped out about six Rusty babies and a few small Peacocks in the turmoil.

Don't do that with those Sunshines you bought from me....LOL.

Sorry for your loss.  I know how it feels.....

Comment

Working...
        X