Purigen???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purigen???

I bought some Seachem Purigen today for my planted tank that I just cant seem to get clear.  My question is will this remove the ferts that i add to the water?  Is this product compatiablewith my plants?

Thanks for any advise.

Re: Purigen???

As per Seachems comments on one of the other Planted tank forums it does not remove ferts and does not affect the plants in any ways. its is basically an adsorbent which adsorbs suspended particle. From my experience it works good. But getting ur tank balanced is the best way of getting a Crystal Clear tank.
    Checkout my blog AquaMusing
    sigpic

Comment

I love purigen!

It does not remove any trace elements as HFF stated per seachem themselves.

What is in your tank that is causing the cloudiness? Is it tea water cloudy or milk cloudy?

How long have you given the purigen to work and where do you have it placed?
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I just put the Purigen in my Eheim 2217 last night.  The water is more of a tea cloudy.  I believe that it is from the 2 peices of drift wood in the tank, although they have been in the tank for about 4 months.

Comment

Take the wood out and boil them......repeatedly and change the water in between boils.

Also give the purigen some time to work, if the white turns brown then it needs to be recharged.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Do you have dirty filter tubing??? cleaning the filter does only a partial job if the return tubing is full of stuff that sloughs off.

Comment

Working...
            X