DIY Barrel Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Barrel Filters

I was searching ebay and found a local Houston seller is selling barrels/drums at good cost.  While folks with larger ponds may not find it a great way to make a pond filter those with smaller ponds might find them of interest.  http://www.koivet.com/html/articles/...ame=Filtration Tells one setup for a multiple barrel setup, be sure to click on the drawing.  A quick google search with show lots of instruction sheets.  Anyway the barrels are here:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130136479041
    If getting a barrel from other sources be sure it has been well cleaned and does not contain any toxic residues.  
    Dan

Re: DIY Barrel Filters

Thanks for the info!
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Or, you can get a large varity of new, clean plastic and rubber tups (to 350 g) at farm supply shops. Also , I recently came across 55g (polyprop or ethylene) white plastic barrel that deliver chems to water treatment plants; mine originally contained alum which is easy to clean. My son uses a plastic storage bin , but watch out that it is strong enough for water (some of the big ones will distort a lot).

Comment

So, what will you use to fill that barrel?

Comment

The best filter materal I have found is floor scrubers. that go on the machines the come is sizes from 16 to 22 inches in dim.  cut them up in chunks, stack them loses and let the water flow.  I cut up 8  17 inch for a 55 gallon drum and haven't touched it all sumer.  Hope this helps.  Sorry about the spelling--rough night.

Comment

where have you found floor scrubbers?

Comment

I'd check janitorial supply sites spot.... :)

Let me see if I can find one fer you real quick.....

CF
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Thanks dear :)  Now to find one closeby that sells cheap and in bulk....

OH wait - I gotta dig the pond first....

Comment

ebay - just search-- floor scrubbing pads they usually are in bulk 5 to a case-under $20

Comment

Working...
                  X