Intestinal Worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intestinal Worms

I've got a female who is very pregnant.  On her backside there is these two reddish points, pointing off her.  Very hard to describe right?
    HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

At first it was just one point pinky thing and I thought maybe she was just poopin a red flake, but now that it is Y'ed off and I am seeing it better I think it isn't poop.
    Like would it be two tails from babies or something?  Usually babies come out face first er....I really have no idea what it is.  

There is 4 females and one male in the tank and she was chasing the other females around, so I thought I would let her chill in the breeding box for a while but I won't keep her there very long if she isn't giving birth.  Anyone know what this is?

Nevermind, she went number two.  It looks like she might have eaten a fry, so I wasn't entirely off.

Re: Female Guppy Anatomy

When guppies eat a lot of fry it can lower the pH and kill a lot of fish. Dark colored feces is a clue. Normally this only happens in softer rain or RO water or in other cities, not Houston where the water is soft.

max

Comment

Let us know if this happens again. Camallanus worms look like this, too.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

What happened is in my large tank I have one-two month old fry and I saw one of them almost get picked off by my angel fish.  I put him in the 20 gallon cause it has plastic breeding grass on the back wall.  That is the last I saw of the little guy.  I had put some 6 or 7 fry in there a week or so back when I was trying to treat my multi colored male and all of them got eaten.  I've got two females ready to drop any day and so I am trying to look really closely to tell when they start giving birth cause by the way things have been going it seems like they might eat all the babies, so I want to get them in a breeding box before that happens and the fry into their own tank.  

Ah well, the babies will come soon enough. :)

Comment

well for my point of view those little things a very common parasites coming out of the intestines.
          but we will see. good luck with thAT.

Comment

It really doesn't look like a parasite.  This is the largest female guppy I have seen.  She has these dark bands that *sometimes* are there that go across her eyes.  Other than that the guppy has no color.  They look really cool when they are there, makes her look like a warrior.

But I have another guppy that is about to bust from babies.  If I look, and without being to graphic here,....ah screw it, like I can see her anus and I am guessing that the birthing canal would be above that further back on her body?  I haven't seen a live birth in my tank and I would like to so I can predict when is a good time to put the female in a breeding box.  The large female with the dark eye bands was able to give birth and between her and the other guppies I yielded zero babies (I assume they were gobbled).  I never saw them.  And I have one of those grass mats on the bottom of my tank for infants to hide in.

Ah well, I am getting bored with guppies anyway and I know someone that can get me some endlers.

Comment

Man, I hate it how you guys are always right. (I don't hate it thanks, but I didn't want my fish to have worms)  How do I go about getting rid of them?

Comment

Re: Intestinal Worms

well my friend, you should use a aniparasite medicine i personally use
                parasite clear , for jungle labs.
                you can buy it in walmart for like 3 bucks,and it comes in tablets .
                like 8 in a package, use one tablet for every ten gallons,and do a 25 water change a day or so after.
                repeat treatment if neccesary.
                i hope its not too late.

Comment

Working...
                X