J.transcriptus /Jul. Marlieri question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.transcriptus /Jul. Marlieri question

When I read Fishysue's post about bringing Jul. Marlieri to the HAS auction, I naturally had to go look at her photos,too. Then I spent the next hour, after I'd sworn I was going to bed, staring at online pics of these two species. The fish I bought as a juvenile J.transcriptus gombi has a distinctly yellowish coloring between his or her black markings,so now I've been wondering if it's really transcriptus?  They are always decribed as 'black and white'. Please understand I'm mostly seen these fish only as babies (and few of those)  or in photos as adults, aside from this one I've had for over a year. Always thought the J. marlieri got a lot bigger and this was one way I could tell mine wasn't. Last night though, I found conflicting info on the adult sizes of J. Marlieri. I'm thinking my fish is about 4" and seems to be staying there.
    MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Re: J.transcriptus /Jul. Marlieri question

and the question is? Do marlieri get larger than 4"? The females can, tho typically 4-5" is about max with the males typically topping out at 3-4".
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Re: J.transcriptus /Jul. Marlieri question

Thanks, Scott, that was part of my question. The other part was, can a J. transcriptus be yellow and black instead of white and black.
      MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

Working...
      X