hello out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello out there

I am new to the Houston area, from S Fla, just getting a feel of whats out here in there area on a tropical fish basis.I am a discus, angel fish fan ,but also do the saltwater thing.If anyone is in the Humble area and visit shops often i would love to become aquainted.Looking for the nice shops around here.Thanks to everyone.

Re: hello out there

Welcome to the Box! There is actually a fish club in that neck of the woods called the LHA (Lake Houston Aquarists). They meet the first Friday of each month at 7pm in Huffman usually. there are a couple decent shops around that part of town. Not sure if any of them are particularly known for discus or angels though. THere are several angel breeders on here that have nice stock on this site.

There is also a BIG fish swap next Sunday in the south part of Houston. It is sponsered by the Houston Aquarium Society.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Welcome
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Nice to have you drop by, see you round the box.

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Welcome!
          58G Malawis
          10G planted

Comment

We are in the same boat as far as discus & angels fish goes.
            I am also as salt water fan as well. The salt water site here http://marshreef.com/.

Yes we are having a freswater fish auction on July 8th. Here is the site for that as well http://www.houstonaquariumsociety.org/

You look forward to seeing some of you posting on houston fish box.

Walter
            Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
            Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
            Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome.I might have to stop by that fish swap next week.Should have a tank by this week.Glad tro be part of the group.

Comment

welcome to the box....there are no finer people out there to aquire knowledge and support from when it comes to our hobby of fish keeping...

fishlady

Comment

Welcome!! Glad to have you here!

Comment

Welcome to the box. You should definitely go to the Meeting next friday in Huffman. Im living in Kingwood and you could ride with me if you like.

The meeting usually only last a couple of hours.

Chris

Comment

Welcome to HFB! I agree with everyone else...come to the auction! Always a lot of angels, and usually discus, too. Sorry that you had to move from S. Florida, though, I bet you had a lot more options when it came to fish selection. But it's good here, too!  
                      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
                         Welcome to HFB! I agree with everyone else...come to the auction! Always a lot of angels, and usually discus, too. Sorry that you had to move from S. Florida, though, I bet you had a lot more options when it came to fish selection. But it's good here, too!  
                        Yes i think i left fish heaven when i moved from Florida.You got wattleys lots of importers on S.A-just picked up a tank last night on craigs, so i am ready to get started.Looks like i might go africans this time,corner store sold me a cycled filter and some basic fronts pretty cheap.Thanks again people.I will try and make the meetings pm me.Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X