Treatment Time for Common Diseases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatment Time for Common Diseases?

Yesterday I went out and bought a little 1 gallon tank to treat a female guppy for body fungus that was occurring around her eyes.  I used a liquid made from Indian Bay Leaves after the Jungle tabs were pretty much a complete failure.  The fungus appears to be gone but I was wondering for how long should I keep her in the tank?  Like how long would you treat something like Ick or velvet.  Eventually, I want to put her back (in a tank different than the one in which the fungus outbreak occurred) with the others but I really don't want the fungus to come back again.

Re: Treatment Time for Common Diseases?

I treated my guppies for columnaris for 3 weeks using Binox.  They seemed healed after 1.5 weeks, but I left them for another 1.5 as a 'just in case' measure.
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Indian Bay leaves ?

Indian Almond leaves

Is this the same leaf ?
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

You would be surprise what a little salt will do.
        For external issues you can use pool salt.
        For internal you can use epsom salt
        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Also while I got your attention, is there anything that is good for repairing damage.  She seems to be fine and can swim fine but her side fin took some damage from the infection.  Will it repair on it's own or is there something I can do to aid with that?

Comment

It will probably repair on its own, but check out Melafix and Pimafix. Depending on the type of injury, I think Melafix is for wounds and such and Pimafix is for fungus.
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I agree with Mzungu. It will repair on its own. Primafix will help in treating infections on body & fins, it also helps stop any bacterial infection.

I dont remember if it says it on the bottle, but I raise the temp up a few degrees while treating the tank.
              Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
              Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
              Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Bettas often tear each others fins during spawning.  I use BettaFix to prevent infection and help their fins grow back.   BettaFix is similar to Metafix in that the active ingrediant is Tea Tree Oil, only BettaFix is a little more dilute as overdosing with Tea Tree Oil can be fatal.

Many Thiland betta breeders use Indian Almond Leaves to treat wounds and as a prevenative.
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                X