How do you all secure Eheim hoses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you all secure Eheim hoses?

Well, it seems like the cat chased something under the 75G while we were out of town and the eheim return hose got pulled out of the tank. (water water everywhere...)

Is it possible to secure the return hose to the intake hose with a twist tie or something to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks

Re: How do you all secure Eheim hoses?

If it's at the filter itself you can use a tubing clamp.  You can get them in the plumbing section at Home Depot or Lowes.  A zip tie would work but if you ever had to service the canister for any reason you would have to cut them off.  The tubing clamps work with a screwdriver and tighten and loosen that way.  Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanson77";p="
      If it's at the filter itself you can use a tubing clamp.  You can get them in the plumbing section at Home Depot or Lowes.  A zip tie would work but if you ever had to service the canister for any reason you would have to cut them off.  The tubing clamps work with a screwdriver and tighten and loosen that way.  Hope that helps.
      She pulled the entire return line out of the tank.  I have quick disconnects on all canisters.

Comment

Wow....I just read that.  I was under the assumption that they were just pulled off of the quick disconnect.  Yeah, a pair of disconnects are what you need.

Comment

How did the line...disconnect and all get pulled out of the canister?

Comment

How did the line...disconnect and all get pulled out of the canister?
            the line was still connected to the canister (including the disconnect)

she pulled the entire line out of the tank itself

Comment

Nevermind about the blabbering that I just posted.  Do you have suction cups holding the lines in the tank or just hanging over the side?

Comment

Nevermind about the blabbering that I just posted.  Do you have suction cups holding the lines in the tank or just hanging over the side?
                suction cups

Comment

You can either use zip ties, twist ties might rust over time, or you can change the plumbing at the top of the tank and use 90's to make two right angles.  That will make the piping at the top grip the ledge of the tank tighter so that they will not just fall out if the cat or anything els bumps them.

Comment

You can either use zip ties, twist ties might rust over time, or you can change the plumbing at the top of the tank and use 90's to make two right angles.  That will make the piping at the top grip the ledge of the tank tighter so that they will not just fall out if the cat or anything els bumps them.
                    can you get 90s at home repot?

Comment

Yeah.  Plumbing section should have everything you need to rework the inlet and outlet piping.  I'm actually going there today to build these exact pieces so I will give a report of what all you need tonight if you would like.

Comment

thanks - just let me know what size

1/2" ??

Comment

I'm not sure off the top of my head.  Mine isn't hooked up so I am taking the hoses in with me.

Comment

I use these to hold my hoses in place

clamp

Just use a plastic tie to hold the hose to the clamp.

ties
                            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I would just get rid of the cat if it were me.....but that's just me...LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X