PDA

View Full Version : The latest addition to the household

Zulaab
06-19-2007, 07:36 PM
My room mates daughter turned 6yrs old today. *She wanted her own fish. *She wanted a betta ever since she saw one at the pet store.
I got her a little tank and got her going. *She is happy :)

http://houstonfishbox.com/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_itemId=5805

islander
06-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Cool,

Start them out young with a fish or two and hopefully you have them hooked for life! *later, ken

Mzungu
06-20-2007, 08:35 AM
How cute! I bet she loves him, and the tank (gravel especially)! *:D

PhishPhreek
06-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Great - what she has is a Green Pastel Veil Tale male.
With proper care, he should live 1 to 3 more years.
Wlatch out for overfeeding (high proteen crumbles) as it will make the water clowdy and require a water change.

If you can show her how get a wingless fruit fly culture going it will provide plenty of live food for her betta.

Zulaab
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Ken, Thank you :) *I intend to give his son (turns 8 in a month) a tank of guppys and Molly's next month, because that is what I started out with when I was a kid.

Mzungu, she is absolutely in love with the fish.

PhishPhreek, I would love to make her a wingless fruit fly culture, except I would need to learn how to make one of my own as I have no clue. *Btw thank you for letting me know what kind she got :) *She named him Rainbox because she thinks he is just colorful :)

Mzungu
06-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Might be a typo, but did she name him "Rainbox" or "Rainbow?"

PhishPhreek
06-20-2007, 12:39 PM
I bought a wingless fruit flly culture complete with a recipe for the culture material. There were 2 or 3 more at the HLA auction. *Maybe someone on your side of town got one. *If not, perhaps the person who provided them *will bring some more to the HAS auction.

Zulaab
06-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Might be a typo, but did she name him "Rainbox" or "Rainbow?" *Rainbow.. and yes it was a typo... :) :) :) What an oversight on my part :) :) :)

Zulaab
06-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I bought a wingless fruit flly culture complete with a recipe for the culture material. There were 2 or 3 more at the HLA auction. *Maybe someone on your side of town got one. *If not, perhaps the person who provided them *will bring some more to the HAS auction.

I am going to see about making the HAS auction. *I am going to see about getting a Daphina culture from Ken :)
I need to get a green water culture going soon so they will have a place to live soon :)