update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update

I finally got 10000k bulbs for my metal halide fixture.  I do need the hanging thing though because it might crack the bracing on the tank.  The color looks cooler than the 6700k. I dont know if they make 10000k bulbs for vho?  I only see the actinics one. The plants are growing but really really slow.  For now its only running on the tek 4x54 fixture.  I have to buy another 10000k bulb for the metal halide. It looks better because the fish fins look more blue , but the fallback is the discus eyes turn black.  I dont know why I think its to bright for their eyes or something. The first 2 pics are with metal halides and the rest are with the 6700k bulb. [/IMG]

180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Re: my planted update

Nice! Do you have a full-tank shot? I'd like to see how everything is put together.  :)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Re: my planted update

new pics.
      180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Comment

Re: new light

Very nice! The angels and discus don't eat your shrimp?
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

If discus have to chase after their food they will go hungry.
          Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
          Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
          Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

If you change again look into the ADA 8000k.....it makes the colors glow but doesn't fill the tank with the blue look.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

you should put your tank on ratemyfishtank.com

Comment

and it's 10K, not 10,000K

Comment

Umm ... I believe it is 10000K. K stands for Kelvin in this case (temperature) and in part determines the specturm of the light emitted.
                  Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                  Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                  Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                  Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Yeah it's 10,000k but if you put 10k we get the idea....
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have change the water today and I think the CO2 leak. The plants pearl like crazy.

Comment

The pearling is from an abundance of oxygen in the water column....usually happens when I do water changes.

Cool pictures!
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The water in your pipes is pressurized by the water company so it will come out of the faucet.   When it is released from the faucet the partial pressure of all the gasses in the water is higher that the partial pressure of the gasses in the air.   Some of the gasses escape and form bubbles.
                          If you release the water into a container and wait 24 hours before pouring it into the tank, you wont have the bubbles in your tank.
                          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

put some new fish in and plants

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Re: update

That's one messed up looking angelfish...

Hey why don't you take a vid sitting back some so we can see the whole tank at once....that would make for a nice video!

Thanks for sharing! :emtthumbs:
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X