Aqua Zoo Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqua Zoo Rocks

Fishlady, and I were down in the League City area yesterday meeting up with Hanson77, and it was suggested we should go visit Aqua Zoo while we were down there.

I'm sure glad we did because it is a very nice store and the owners (Prosper & Shannon) are very freindly and helpful. It was a real treat to meet them and browse around in their store.

Thanks Hanson for the tip, and thank you Shannon & Prosper for the great deals on the items we could not do without.....

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Aqua Zoo Rocks

I haven't been able to make it out to Aqua Zoo in a long time due to my days off being the same days off that they have. Last week my days off switched and I was able to swing on in and I'm sure glad that I did. I picked up a pair of GBR's and 4 Koi Vailed Angels.
    Everyone is setting into the QT tank nicely and eating like sharks!!! I feel like I got a great deal on all of these guys too, last week I stopped at The Fish Gallery and bought 3 plants( I swear that their plants went up 50% from the last time I was there!!) and they cost me more that ALL 6 of these fish!!!
    Thanks Prosper and Shannon it was great seeing you two again!!! 8)  8)  8)

Here they are, and sorry for the messy QT tank!!      

Comment

Do they have good plants?

Comment

It's been so long I can't remember if they had a nice selection of plants or not.....call them....smiles.

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREWSTONTEXUS";p="
          Do they have good plants?
          They don't have the biggest selection of plants, but it really varies on what they have from time to time. The best thing to do is call them to see if they have what you are looking for.
          8)

Comment

Or if you're in the area it's always worth stopping in and having a look at all of the cool stuff.
            So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

I just got back from checking out Aqua Zoo's new store... It's gonna be sweet! It's not open yet, but Prosper was there and gave me the tour. They're going to have a salt water section, plant section - and an outdoor pond section complete with a greenhouse. Can't wait for it to open!

Comment

Originally posted by BEdward View Post
                I just got back from checking out Aqua Zoo's new store... It's gonna be sweet! It's not open yet, but Prosper was there and gave me the tour. They're going to have a salt water section, plant section - and an outdoor pond section complete with a greenhouse. Can't wait for it to open!
                Wow! Sounds nice!! Can't wait to see the new store. Now I just wish that my days off weren't the same as the days they are closed.

Comment

Aqua Zoo Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

-1 for every nice comment. I've been to the store 3 or 4 times and not once did i get friendly service, none of the tanks looked healthy, everything is unorganized and everytime i asked about a price or just had a general question about a fish, it was always, "Prosper knows that answer but he's not here". How do you own a fish store and not know squat about fish....? Just my personal opinion
                    If it ain't wild caught
                    You ain't doing it right

Comment

Honestly, I've heard very few complaints about them. I personally haven't had any problems with them at all. Every time I've been, they've been very helpful and have had good stock, as well as hard to find / unique stuff. Especially for those of us living south of houston. True, the place was getting a little cramped, but the new store will remedy that and then some - it'll be nice.

Comment

I've been to Aqua Zoo five times... with it being closed three of those times. I drove in from Kingwood after having called them to make certain tha a certain fish was in... only to arrive to a closed store two hours before its scheduled closing time. That was the last time that I ever attempted to go.

The fish did seem healthy when I went though. I've just refused to make a trip out there since my three bad experiences.
                        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
                          I've been to Aqua Zoo five times... with it being closed three of those times. I drove in from Kingwood after having called them to make certain tha a certain fish was in... only to arrive to a closed store two hours before its scheduled closing time. That was the last time that I ever attempted to go.

The fish did seem healthy when I went though. I've just refused to make a trip out there since my three bad experiences.

Oh man - Ouch! I always dread that happening when I head out to a lfs across town.

Comment

-1 for every nice comment. I've been to the store 3 or 4 times and not once did i get friendly service, none of the tanks looked healthy, everything is unorganized and everytime i asked about a price or just had a general question about a fish, it was always, "Prosper knows that answer but he's not here". How do you own a fish store and not know squat about fish....? Just my personal opinion
                            I think it's pretty poor form for someone affiliated with another shop to be publicly critical of another. It's why I usually bite my tongue publicly, though not always privately. Let's just say that I put Prosper and Shannon's knowledge up against any other shop's staff/ownership, including my own, and it comes out rather favorably.
                            Charles Jones
                            http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                            Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontosaurusRex View Post
                              Gee what a surprise. I'm sure your attitude about Aqua Zoo has nothing to do with the fact that they refused to give you a frontosa that's a store pet and not for sale. Prosper has been doing fish since before you were alive, and while Shannon may not know the answer to every question off the top of her head, she knows a vast amount...and saying she doesn't know squat kind of assumes that you do, doesn't it? I'm sure that you feel your one year of fishkeeping entitles you to have an opinion about someone else's knowledge, but seriously...you have a long way to go before you can criticize anyone in this respect. Just my personal opinion.

Mark
                              What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                              X