New to the Fish Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Fish Box

Hi, all ! I'm not so new to fish keeping, but I'm new to forum posting, so I've been exploring. Keep finding new forums and finally spotted this one for introductions. I'm in the LaPorte / Deer Park area and have been for ages.  I've never really specialized in any certain type of fish, but there are some I've always enjoyed and try to keep, like my cardinal tetras.  I currently maintain 3 tanks...a 150 community tank that sits where I think a breakfast nook is supposed to be, a 40 gallon which houses a small group of N.Leluipi and a lone J. transcriptus (could only find one at the time and now he or she is grown, so I am unsure about adding another and shaking things up), and a tiny planted tank with tiny red shrimp. I'm a shiftworker and don't always get the right weekends off to attend events, but I look forward to trying to get to a fish swap now and then, or whatever. I'm sure I'll be picking up a lot of good ideas and info here at the Houston Fish Box.

Polly
    MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Re: New to the Fish Box

Welcome!! Glad to have you here! Have fun!

Comment

Howdy from down south
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Nice to feel so welcome. Hey, Phish, I originally sprang from Texas City. They made me leave when I was about 7.
        Was looking at some of your betta pics.  Guess I didn't know anyone in these parts had any that fine. Very impressive.
        MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

Welcome to the box!
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Welcome!  There are a few of use close by.  I'm in Deer Park.  

The LHA Swap n Sell is next Saturday in Huffman if you would like to attend.  There is a thread on it with info.

Raul
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

Greetings fellow fish keeper......

CF
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
              X