I think i'm being screwed by Ebay Seller *cry*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i'm being screwed by Ebay Seller *cry*

I knew my "good and pleasant" streak on the auctions would come to an end, but i didn't think it would come so soon. I need some advise on what i should do...

So here's the deal. I did a "Buy it Now" for 10 Bee shrimp for $7.99 each
    see auction here:
    Bee Shrimp Auction

Anyway... the shipping for overnight express was $48 as stated in the auction (which was too much to begin with, but i guess my stupidity won out). So i try to pay using paypal which calculates everything automatically. Again.. stupid me... I didn't realize that the shipping cost was automatically set to $57 instead of the $48 that was in the auction. I only realized what had happened after paypal send me the reciept.

So...i sent the guy the following message to find out what's up.
    HI I sent payment through paypal but it charged me $57 for shipping instead of $48. Please let me know how we can resolve this

To that, he replies:
    $57 is correct because each CBS add $1.5
    and
    I relist the item again and you can see additional CBS add $1.5 each.

He won't agree to the terms set forth by the auction and is trying to charge extra for it by tweaking the cost of shipping!!
    Am i screwed? Should I report him?
    Stupid me... i already sent the money

He's also selling stuff on aquabid.. i think his handle is "Hardong" on AB.

Any suggestions on what i can do?
    www.ventralfins.com

Re: I think i'm being screwed by Ebay Seller *cry*

Looks like you bought 10 shrimp at 7.99 each.

It looked like you paid for shipping ($48) and one shrimp ($7.99) to me at first.

Bottom line...contact Paypal.  They will ask for details and stuff, if they agree with you, they will take the money from the seller and put back in your account.

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

I would outline what you read on his bid and if he doesn't go for that let him know that that is out of the conditions of sale and report him.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

definately if he doesn't work with you , open a incident with paypal. They will work with you to get  your money back

Comment

I agree. I didn't see anything on that page that stated each additional shrimp upped the shipping costs...it even says that you can buy up to 30 at no additional shipping cost...Hmmm...just looked at his "relisting" and it still states up to 30 with no additional cost, but when you scroll down, there is an additional cost per shrimp... :?

Let us know how it goes.
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

OMG.. i see his "additional costs" in his "relist" now

check this out

if you scroll to the "shipping and handling" section, you'll see that he tries to charge extra per shrimp for shipping!!!
            But yet in his main post he says that we can buy up to 30 with no additional charge!

I'm not sure what this guy is trying to do, but I would stay away from anyone trying to be sneaky like that.

I'm not sure about you guys, but i have never seen anyone do anything like this in an auction. I hope that this is not the upcoming trend in auctions in the future. So sad...

But still, Muzngu is right, the original auction which i bid and won had no mention of any "extra charges".
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002";p="
              Looks like you bought 10 shrimp at 7.99 each.

It looked like you paid for shipping ($48) and one shrimp ($7.99) to me at first.

Bottom line...contact Paypal.  They will ask for details and stuff, if they agree with you, they will take the money from the seller and put back in your account.

Raul
              Oh yeah... i bought 10 shrimp.
              I might be crazy, but i sure hell ain't stupid... lol
              www.ventralfins.com

Comment

you gotta be careful about the shipping on life fish on both ebay and aquabid

Comment

Oh yeah... i bought 10 shrimp.
                  I might be crazy, but i sure hell ain't stupid... lol
                  I never implied.

I hope you get satisfaction from the seller or through paypal.

Raul
                  Raul
                  PokerFace

Comment

I feel for you. Cant really advise you, but maybe this will help you feel better. I feel like I got screwed today. I seen an aquarium w/fish on craigslist yesterday for sale. so I emailed them and told them to call me that I would like to buy the aquarium. So they call me and told me I can pick up Sat. So I called today to see what is a good time for me to come and get the aquarium. And guess what? They told me they sold it already. My kids was all excited and now I have to tell them what happened. I think that was really rude and mean of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicman";p="
                      I feel for you. Cant really advise you, but maybe this will help you feel better. I feel like I got screwed today. I seen an aquarium w/fish on craigslist yesterday for sale. so I emailed them and told them to call me that I would like to buy the aquarium. So they call me and told me I can pick up Sat. So I called today to see what is a good time for me to come and get the aquarium. And guess what? They told me they sold it already. My kids was all excited and now I have to tell them what happened. I think that was really rude and mean of them.
                      Awww.... sorry to hear about the tank. I just don't understand how some people can be so inconsiderate.
                      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

And the saga continues.....
                        I sent him one more "nice" e-mail and told him:

Thats not very honest. According to the auction, it's $7.99 per shrimp and $48 for shipping and handling. It is not stated anywhere that i have to pay extra $1.50 for CBS.

this was his reply... i think he's giving me the roundabout.
                        When you check out, ebay will show you how much extra for additional shrimp, The extra charge is going to cover the ebay commission fee.

cover the commission fee?? Bollocks!
                        he even had the nerve to tell me that the extra charge:
                        It was only $1, not $1.5.

My next e-mail (which i will type right now) will be to tell him that he's being reported to e-bay for breach of auction terms.
                        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

You sent money already? Implies you agreed to his change in auction "terms".

Therefore, sorry to say, it will be tough to convince Ebay or Paypal that you were wronged.

You have recourse if items received are not as advertised. I'd look for the slightest difference...i.e., are shrimp the size advertised?

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by nacra99";p="
                            And the saga continues.....
                            I sent him one more "nice" e-mail and told him:

Thats not very honest. According to the auction, it's $7.99 per shrimp and $48 for shipping and handling. It is not stated anywhere that i have to pay extra $1.50 for CBS.

this was his reply... i think he's giving me the roundabout.
                            When you check out, ebay will show you how much extra for additional shrimp, The extra charge is going to cover the ebay commission fee.

cover the commission fee?? Bollocks!
                            he even had the nerve to tell me that the extra charge:
                            It was only $1, not $1.5.

My next e-mail (which i will type right now) will be to tell him that he's being reported to e-bay for breach of auction terms.
                            Yes, do report him to Ebay as a non-performing seller.  Sellers are not allowed to charge extra to cover either listing or PayPal fees and the fact that he has blatently stated to you that the additional is to cover Ebay fees will not set well with Ebay.  Be sure to keep your emails to and from him and if you haven't been using the Ebay system to communicate with him I would suggest further communitcations be through the Ebay system.  It may not get your money back, but if enough people report him for his practices he will either change and be more honest or be suspended.  It may take a while, but eventually his actions will catch up with him.
                            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

After a more thorough  reading of Ebay rules you may have recourse under Seller Non- Performance:

When a seller lists an item on eBay, and a buyer bids for and wins that item, the seller and buyer have entered into a contract. Both members are expected to honor that contract. In accordance with that contract, the seller may not:

Fail to deliver an item for which payment was accepted.

Significantly misrepresent an item by not meeting the terms and item description outlined in the listing. This may be a recourse...worth a shot

Refuse to accept payment for an item at the end of a successful sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X