New driftwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New driftwood

I bought this "Branchy" Driftwood and wanted to know what was best to put on it Java or Moss?

And if some of you guys might help in where I could find some at?

Thanx :!:

Re: New driftwood

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish....

Welcome to the box btw!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well a grassy look but haven't started the diy co2

Comment

just for my clarity... are you talking about java fern vs. moss or java moss vs. some other type of moss (x-mas moss , weeping moss... )?

In my experience, both java and christmas moss are undemanding to grow and to attach to wood. Having that grass-like trimmed look takes a fair amount of pruning ... good luck and welcome to the box.
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Yup, it does take a bit of maintenance to keep the grassy look, unless you want the "I haven't mowed the lawn in 3 months" look... :)

You will probably be able to find mosses and/or java fern at a lot of the LFS around here...Fish Gallery, for one, usually has both. Fish Ranch has java ferns. And if you look in the LHA forum, they're having a swap next weekend, and someone almost always brings a few kinds of mosses!
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I can guarantee there will be christmas and java moss at the LHA swap on the 16th.
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Working...
            X