saltwater aquarium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saltwater aquarium

I got this new tank with some of the reef equipments.  I was wondering do any of the members in this forum have saltwater aquarium as well. I have always kept freshwater fish, so changing to saltwater is a whole new thing.  If you guys do have saltwater aquarium mind helping me out how to set it up.  I was trying to set up a frontosa tank but all of these equiptment will be a waste.  I have a sump, pump, protein skimmer, powerhead, heater, lights, filter, and the tank is reef ready with some crush corals substrate, and a kent R/O unit.  The pics are on here http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/supaflyz/.
    180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Re: saltwater aquarium

What size is the tank? Are you going to do saltwater now?

Comment

Most of all that stuff can be used for fronts as well.....all my big tanks have excessive filtration.

I just saw on marsh reef that you don't want to do sw anymore.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah 100 bucks a month on electric bills alone is crazy.
        180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Comment

That's kinda over estimating.....

but I will say that SW is comparable to high-tech planted tank, probably a little less.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I agree with ek, all of that stuff can be used, minus the protein skimmer, for FW.  :)
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I actually think the protein skimmer can be used as well but it won't be as efficient.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well, it could be used, sure. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't do much, if anything.
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Yeah I think so to ekk.  That chart I think is for reef tank only and not fish only tank.

Comment

I saw about a $50 increase in the bill when I started up my nancube 12g which is probably running about enough wattage for a large fish only tank.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                    X