Light button on aquarium hood won't work with timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light button on aquarium hood won't work with timer

One of my lights has a push button to turn on the light, so it won't work with any light timer.  I have thought about somehow taping the button down and seeing if that works (will try it when I get home tonight).  But does anyone else have any solutions so I don't have to get a new top light.

Re: Light button on aquarium hood won't work with timer

I might not know what you are talking about, but on mine I leave the button in the "on" position all the time. The timer will cut electricity off to the light when it deactivates. Turning the light off.

Comment

try this link

flourescent starters
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I had the same problem with a fluorescent light hood that I wanted to use a timer on. I installed a starter on it, they sell the starters and fixture that they snap into at Lowes or Home Depot.

150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
        125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
        115G Tanganyikan

Comment

They have a deal now at Petsmart for $10 off any hood.  Can't find 36" hoods though, can't even find the bulbs there (they had just one Power-Glo).  Also, the tops they have usually have only one space for light.  I've already had to extend the cords on the two ballasts so I will replace the starter, thats the info I needed. Thanks.  I also have plans to put LEDs inside the hoods for viewing at night.

Comment

Working...
          X