PDA

View Full Version : WTB Cool looking Betta

djmatthewblack
06-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I am interested in getting a cool looking betta for my community tank. *Want to know if anyone has some really cool looking ones to go in my tank.

Oh, and my tank has 4 cardinal tetras and 4 tropical guppies if that helps.

guppymax
06-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I think Betta Habari is having a summer sale late in July and that it will be an excellent opportunity for you to get a really cool looking betta. Hopefully they will firm up the date and make an announcement soon.

max

djmatthewblack
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM

eklikewhoa
06-04-2007, 06:58 PM
I am sure it would destroy those guppies and even the cardinals if it can catch them.

PhishPhreek
06-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Most bettas are not aggressive toward other fish in a comunity tank setting. *They are relatively slow and graceful.
Usually there is some other bully that likes to sneek up and nip their fins

jklntx
06-04-2007, 11:27 PM
I totally agree with PP. My bettas live in seperate 75 gal communities with SA dwarfs, neons, cardinals and angels. They keep out of the way and don't bother anyone except an occasional chase around feeding time.

djmatthewblack
06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Most the places I've read have said that bettas are usually only aggressive towards other bettas, and that they work well with other fish. *Except maybe the red fighters, those are suppose to be mean. *That, and I probably shouldn't put anything else that could be aggressive, like a gourami, with it.

eklikewhoa
06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
When I had a betta in a community tank it would nip or lunge at other fish as if it were another betta.

PhishPhreek
06-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Bettas have personality.........
That's why I say most instead of all.
I have some bettas that do not fight - they get along well with each other.
I had one pair that would not spawn or fight so I left them in the spawn tank together.... 3 months later, they decided to spawn.
I had one pair that spawned and I forgot to remove the female and 3 days later while the fry were still in the nest, they spawned again.

I have herd that if male guppies try to fertalize a betta he will eventually get annoyed and turn on them. *What kind of fish was your betta atacking ?