my 1st planted 30g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1st planted 30g

i finally had time to get all my accessories together for my planted 30 gal.
    this is my first attempt at a planted tank. i have the substrate, Red Sea C02 Bio System, and a 30'' Coralife 65w.

any suggestions on how i should care for the plants? or wher i should have the plants located in the tank? i plan to get some carpet plants later when i can find them at my lfs. any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.
    here are some pics..

Re: my 1st planted 30g

Is that second to last one an aquatic plant?

Looks like a good start, I would move the heater to a corner possible behind the far right plant.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I think it's a good start, too. As far as location goes, I'd wait to see what does well and then arrange accordingly. For the foreground plants, you've got a little more than 2wpg, which isn't exactly high-light, but it's sufficient for many plants (just not the really demanding ones). It looks like you have a few crypts in there? Those will do really well in your setup, IMO. So will the bacopa.  :)

Is that an Aponogeton ulvaceus?
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

yea thats wat it said.

Comment

heres a little update..

Comment

Very nice, keep us posted on your progress, the pics are always nice to see.  Good Luck with the plants.

CF
            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
            X