Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 16th fish swap and anual BBQ

Did someone say food?
    OK, lets do this thing on the 16th guys n gals. Swap to begin at 10AM and food will be served at 12:00. I'm not sure what will be on the menu yet, probably more of the same as last year. Burgers, sausage, dogs, maybe even some chipped beef, not sure yet. If you plan on bringing something in addition to what I will be providing please chime in and let everyone know.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Re: June 16th fish swap and anual BBQ

I'll bring sodas - Dr. Pepper and Sprite.

On the subject of the swap: Is there anything that people plan on bringing? Anything that you want me to bring?  Alot of you know what all I have; but if not, feel free to PM me...
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I'm just curious where you folks are going to have this event?
      Would you please list the address/location of this event. I might be able to make it, and bring my trusty side kick along. I'd like to swap some brichardi and maybe some shellies if indeed I could make it.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Here's a link to a map to Scott's place:

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I have a few fish that I would like to put up for trade or purchase if anyone is interested.  They are as follows:

5-6" Red Empress Male (1)
          3-4" Red Empress Male (1)
          3" Red Fin Borlyii Males (2)
          2" German Red Male     (1)
          About 20 Mystery Fry .25" (Sunshine Peacock Female + Another Peacock of some sort....Could have been Eureka Jake, Blue Hybrid,or Kirkii/Empress mix)  These were all three strutting around showing breeding colors at the same time when these guys were "concieved"...LOL.

Let me know if any of this interests anyone so I will know what to bring.

Scott, what is the easiest way to bring fish... bucket with air pump or bag them?

Comment

Thanks Mzungu for the link, however, there is no address on the map nor do I see it posted anywhere in the text on that page, and the link to email scott is not funtioning properly. One can however, simply type out the email address I suppose.

CF
            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Hanson,

Most bring their fish bagged.  You can bring in a bucket with air pump, but harder to show off your fish.  The first Swap( I think it was the first one), I brought a couple of small tanks....5 gallon size with HOB filters to display my fish.  I brought water from home in a cooler.

Raul
              Raul
              PokerFace

Comment

Its on Wildwood Ln.

Its the last house on the RHS

Sorry, but I don't know the exact address
                Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Copied from home page....

Directions to the LHA club house:
                  From Humble, take 1960 east to FM 2100 in Huffman, go north on FM 2100 to the 3rd light, there is an MS QucikStop on the left. Make a left onto Havard rd, make the 1st left onto Wildwood ln. The clubhouse is a red and white house on your right.

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

Contact me at 281-851-3368
                  Scott
                  Raul
                  PokerFace

Comment

25415 wildwood ln, HUFFMAN TX, us
                    Raul
                    PokerFace

Comment

Thanks Rocket.  I have a few 10 gallon tanks with dividers that I can bring if I don't sell them before this weekend.

Comment

Wow, all questions answered without me having to lift a finger. And yes, the address given is correct, as is the phone number. As for how to bring fish, I would recommend bagging. Once the fish are at the clubhouse we can float the bags to keep the temp stable.
                        Update on the menu, looks like sausage and hot dogs, along with the customary beans and chips and that sort of thing. If this weekend is as hot as the last, the last thing I want to do is stand over the BBQ'er and sweat! So I am wimping out and going the quick and easy way.
                        Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

You big Wimp!  LOL

Scott, would it be a good ideal to ask for a head count of those planning to attend?

Raul
                          Raul
                          PokerFace

Comment

Thanks for the help with the location folks, unfortunately, I will not be able to make this event due to my current personal campaign to cut back on the big oil companies profits. I'm trying to keep my monthly budget for gas under 200.00 a month and as you can imagine, that is pretty hard to do these days.

Sorry I can't join you all, but have a good time and do try to keep yourself and them fishes cool.

CF

Comment

That's too bad.  Its alot fun.

Raul
                              Raul
                              PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                              X