Wall Mart, as if it needed to be said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Mart, as if it needed to be said

Last week a regular customer of mine came in to chat. He works as a stocker at wall mart and he was telling me about their fish system and maintainance.  He said he would try and take care of the fish (not his job) when they didn' thave anything else for him to do  and they would tell him someone else would pull fish.  He didn't think they ever did testing or water changes... EVER..

I was at his store today and once again lots of floating fish. one time the floaters were there so long they had a THICK fungus growing on them.

today the koi were all sitting motionless at the bottom of the tank and the others were at the top gasping.

I talked to the store manager who said he knew all about it and that, for some reason, every time they get new fish in they die in about a week.. go figure..

I tried to tell him about basic water changes and testing and his only responce was well.. we change the filters...

tomorrow i'm taking a test kit over to see just how bad the water is.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
    n

Re: Wall Mart, as if it needed to be said

I was at a walmart not long ago and was tempted to take photo's of the poor fish in their torture tanks.  Wonder if there's a 'spca' for fishies....

Hrm....  buy wallyworldfish.com, and post nothing but pics of walmart fish.  Just never use the name walmart and I wonder if you'd be clear of any slanderous suits...
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I've reported their negligence many times. In reality, I think it comes down to the fact that they really don't care.
      Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
      Alexa Rae
      Co-President of CAK
      MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Spot86t";p="

Hrm....  buy wallyworldfish.com, and post nothing but pics of walmart fish.  Just never use the name walmart and I wonder if you'd be clear of any slanderous suits...
        As long as the pictures are from a Genuine Walmart store. Its not Slanderous/Libel to tell people about them or show pictures of the dead fish.

Comment

Went by there today to get some luggage. got a sample of the water and it turns out nitrate isn't a problem.. they don't have any.. its all still ammonia. I could tell before i tested the water that they were dying from ammonia cause they were all gasping for air and one wiff of the water confirmed that.

looked like they had just changed some filter material... it appears it was just fresh filter floss in there cause i didn't see anything bio in there..

Sad that such an obvious problem would be missed... poor fish

And it was just the goldfish tank. the other 2 sections looked fine.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
          n

Comment

Two of the Wal-Marts by me have completely removed the fish from the store. Guess they got tired of all the negative reports.

Comment

go to ebay. search MARS systems. they get pulled from walmarts all the time. its sad when a corporation that size doesn't give any more thought to their fish than a 5 year old with a goldfish bowl
              n

Comment

Working...
              X