Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Into, methylene blue & microworm starter cultures

Hello,

My name is Bonnie and I am writing for my 11yo son who is interested in breeding bettas.  We live in NW Houston, (near Jersey Village), along with my hubby and two daughters.  We are a homeschooling family.

Through Phish Phreek's website, my son learned that he needs to locate some Methylene Blue and some microworm starter cultures.  We looked at our nearby Petsmart, but couldn't locate either.  My son has found it online, however, we'd rather buy it locally.

Can anyone tell me if these two items are sold near to our home????

Thank you very much.

Bonnie :)

Re: Into, methylene blue & microworm starter cultures

Welcome to the box!

I commend you on the homeschool thing! Methylene blue can be found at aquarium world which is on 290 and hollister or you can chance it by going to aquatic world on jones rd. The later has old supplies and are bit on the rude side so it's up to you.

With the Microworms I wouldn't know cause I have never really cultured anything other then brine......PhishPhreek should be along to help you later on cause I think everyone is at the big swap.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Had a great time at the HLA Auction
      unloaded some equipment that I dont use & some plants that had overgrown my tanks........
      And bought some new cultures, fancy platies, giant mollies, smoky angles and even some Rift Lake sicklids.

You can buy the microworm startcultures at aquabid.com for less that the gasoline would cost for a round trip to pick one up.

Most LFS will have a fungus stop med. equal to methylene blue.
      here is a good resource for stock a med cabinet for your fish

be prepared
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

If you can't get your hands on methelyne blue, then acriflavin (dayglow greenish - yellow stuff) will also do the trick.

You should be able to get acriflavin from petco or petsmart.
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Working...
        X