Looking for something fun to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for something fun to do

Willing to Drive no more than 5-6 hours, what do you think is the best fun to do on short notice that will not be a total Memorial Day Madhouse?

Only baggage is a 7 year old girl.

What's your suggestion?
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Re: Looking for something fun to do

Personnaly, I would drive as little as possible. To send a message to the powers that be, that I am unhappy with the price of gasoline and am willing to forego personal pleasures to make my message clear to those who determine our cost of living.

Now that's just me, but to answer your question from a father's standpoint, I know from experience that little girls love the waterparks and of course zoo's. (mine is now 16 and boy crazy)

Have a safe and joyfull holiday.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

schlitterbaughn (a little mispelled) in New Branfules is always fun, and about 3 hours away... San Antonio is a relaxing city with two big theme parks - seaworld and 6 flags , still only about 3-4 hours away...
      well have fun, and watch out for those gas prices.
      Plecos:
      L083 (Gibby)
      L104 (Clown)
      L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
      L155 (A. Hystrix)
      L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
      LDA72 (BN)
      LDA76 (False Zebra)
      Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
      Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

This is starting to sound like a mastercard comercial, but the end result is the same...

Memory of good ol' dad and the time we went to.... - Priceless

Comment

They also have Shlitterbaun in Galveston now.  I dunno if it is any good.  I think I might be checking it out tomorrow with my gf.

Seaworld is awesome, but there is a 3 dollar difference between a ticket for the day and a season pass.  If you go twice in a year you can get your money's worth.

Comment

The HLA auction is tomorrow and it is on the way to Galveston.   You might want to check it out on your way down.  Look under the club forum for HLA.

Comment

Boardwalk on Kema
              Sit, watch the boats go by
              enjoy seafood & a cold one
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Main Event in Webster just opened
                Michael
                Clear Lake, TX

Comment

The HLA auction is a definate NO.  I already get a earful of Waterchange again Dad?  You just did one yesturday...

Kema I would think would be a madhouse, but I definately know that is fun thing to do.

I already hear I-10 is a logjam even right now.

I am thinking Surfside might be a good alternative.  

I was really looking for a camping like event, but..I am still open to suggestions.

Keep em coming...

Comment

Splashtown in spring right off 45. 45 mins max
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                    n

Comment

Run up to Rusk and ride the steam train at the Texas State Railroad. There is a campground there also. Not so sure that you will find anything not crowded on a holiday weekend though. BTW, anyone who has not ridden the steam train, rumor is they will lose their funding I think in August and will have to shut the place down, so if you have been wanting to do this, better hurry.
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by djmatthewblack";p="
                        They also have Shlitterbaun in Galveston now.  I dunno if it is any good.  I think I might be checking it out tomorrow with my gf.

Seaworld is awesome, but there is a 3 dollar difference between a ticket for the day and a season pass.  If you go twice in a year you can get your money's worth.
                        The we went when it first opened and it didn't really do it for us, splashtown was better so that says a lot if you have been to ST. They did have a lot of the lazy river shut down though but we imagined it fully open and it would be a little better then splash town but I imagine with the holiday traffic would be not so fun.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

On holiday weekends the line to get your car on the ferry from Galveston to Boliver can get very long.   But when I was a kid we would park in the parking lot and walk on to the next ferry (no waiting) across and back. If you take along a loaf of day old bread you can feed the seagulls. :emtthumbs:

And they have a new waterpark in Galveston  
                          If you don't want to collect some local critters
                          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

If you want to go camping, rent a cabin at chain of lakes
                            Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
                            Co-President of CAK

Comment

Just a little outside San Antonio is Natural Bridge Caverns and next door to it is Wildlife Ranch.

If you haven't been, I think your daughter would like the cavern tour and would fall out having some animals eating out of hands from the window of your truck as you drive through.

RT
                              Raul
                              PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                              X