Disappointed At Fishland Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed At Fishland Today

According to the HFB admins advice, I called Andy at Fishland on Westheimer Blvd this afternoon, to try and resolve my dispute with him and his policies. My conversation with him was fruitless and I am sharing the experience with you all this evening.

I just got off the phone with Andy from Fishland a few minutes ago and would like to voice my disappointment with him and the experience I had with him this afternoon. I recently (12 March 07) spent just under $1,200.00 on two tanks and all the accessories necessary to get them set up. One of the items I purchased was a AquaClear powerfilter 110, the largest one they make, anyway,I decided not to use it due to the way it hangs on the tank.
    I called Fishland and spoke to Phil, who no longer works there, but he informed me at the time that there would be no problem with returning the filter and getting store credit for the cost of the filter. Now at this time, Phil did not mention anything about any amount of time I had to return it, and I told him it could be awhile before I got back down that way. He again, just confirmed I could return it anytime and that was that.
    This morning, I called the store again and spoke with Wii or Wee, (not sure how his name is spelt) and he again, confirmed I could bring the filter in and apply it towards the purchase of a new tank. Well, after running errands and finally getting down to Fishland, I began to discuss the deal with Andy, and that's when I was told he would allow only 40.00 credit for the 75.00 filter (restocking fee). I naturally was a bit upset after two of his employee's had told me there would be no problems using it for store credit so I decided to leave the store.

I understand the right of any shop owner or manager to conduct their business in any manner they see fit, but it is also their obligation to have their employees represent those policies accurately and avoid issues like I experienced today.

The issue I have here with Andy is that after spending well over $1000.00 in his store since I met him, I was expecting better treatment. I spent my money happily in this store when I bought my tanks, and I met everyone there, we had a good time, the store made money, the employees and I joked around and it was a very good experience. But not so today, how quickly it all went south when I asked for the 75.00 bucks to be taken off the price of another tank. I was planning on spending another 300.00 in this store today, but again, not now, or anytime soon.

Needless to say, I am not happy with this experience, and since Fishland is a good drive from me, I will not be going back to give him anymore of my business. I respect this clubs rules and it's policies, and again, I made sure to take the time to try to resolve this issue personally with Andy, but again he was professional, but unsympathic with my complaint and that is enough of Fishland for me.
    I post this experience for you all to learn from and hopefully avoid this kind of event happening to you. And of course, I wanted to complain a little too.....  

By the way, the AquaClear 110 is for sale and it is new in the box, has never had water in it and I'm posting it on the "Fish Market" this evening.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Disappointed At Fishland Today

On the previous occasions did you discuss wether there would be a full price credit or not? I have had to return some things before and usually ask wether or not full credit will be given if not I just keep it for future use or sell it to a member for a bit less then what they wouldn't give me but cheaper then new price.

I have been there a few times and got great service and even discounts from them. Sorry you had a bad run in with them.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well, when I called Phil, the gentleman who I dealt with when buying the tank, and explained that I didn't care for the AquaClear, he told me to "just bring it back and we'll take care of you" ....his words more or less. I specifically asked him, "well, can I get the price I paid for the filter off something else" and he again said, "we'll take care of you steve".

This morning when I called Fishland again, almost the same converstation took place between myself and Wii from Fishland. I drove down there thinking I was going to get almost 75.00 off a fish tank, and instead I left with nothing but contempt for "not being taken care of"

All they had to do was say, We will give you partial credit, but the stores policy is to charge a small restocking fee. They had two chances to tell me this before I drove down there and got a different story from Andy.

Now keep in mind, I had just spent over a thousand dollars there recently on those two tanks and filters and etc......when they said they would take care of me, I took it personally when they didn't.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

ouch.. you would think they would help you out since you bring them good business.. but i guess they didnt appreciate your business.

Comment

Is there a sign or anything in the store posted that discloses the restocking fee?  Is the restocking fee charged on all items or just opened items?

Comment

Glad to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

That does kinda suck.....usually I feel a personal bond after spending thousands of dollars as well....
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I can understand the restocking fee, I'm a shipping manager and we charge them as well (5%), but they actually want to charge me almost half the money I paid for the filter, that's just wrong. He could have made me happy by telling me he normally charges' 40 %, but would only charge me 10% this time, that may have made the difference. But that's all history now, and he has lost a customer and of course, I will never give them any referral's as well.

CF

Comment

City pets usually has really good deals on tanks and I think ADG has some larger tanks but you would have to ask Mike Senske.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks EK,

I did call on City Pets earlier today and what you say is true, they have the same tank for less money there, just a bit farther away, but such is life.

CF

PS   Who or what is ADG?

Comment

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                      X