crayfish/crawfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crayfish/crawfish

anyone ever catch any of those crayfish/crawfish whatever they are called that dig in your yard and build mounds in an aquarium??

Re: crayfish/crawfish

I've not done it personally but I've heard of several people that have.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
    n

Comment

wonder if you put one in a tank with africans would the crayfish hurt any fish??  im not gonna do it cause i love my babys way too much but i was just curious. i was watchin utube videos home sick today and saw some.  just curiuos where they got them

Comment

In the woodlands HEB sells them on the weekends. they have a big box and I'm going to buy a few small ones for my MBU puffer next weekend. I hear they LOVE them.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
        n

Comment

man u got a pic of ur mbu??  i love them.  i want one so bad but my wife would cut my balls of spendin 100 bucks on a one.  where did you get yours?  how big is it and how fast does he grow?  last question is what size tank you have and what else is in there???

Comment

man u got a pic of ur mbu??  i love them.  i want one so bad but my wife would cut my balls of spendin 100 bucks on a one.  where did you get yours?  how big is it and how fast does he grow?  last question is what size tank you have and what else is in there???  what else do you feed his?  live food only or anything else??

Comment

thats 6 months worth of growth, I got mine from someone who got it from Fish are us, ( i don't recomend them)

I have him in a 150 gallon tank, 48x24x31.

He gets frozen shrimp and scalops, snails, and soon crawfish.
              n

Comment

cool. yeah i see we were the ones talkin about them on the other post.  lol.  thats awesome man.  i love them but i dont have a tank big enough is they need that much.  plus id go broke feedin him.  lol.  hell he eats better than me.  ahha

Comment

I watched Scott feeding his Nile Puffer a large crayfish. The puffer sucked the head and tail off within a couple seconds.

I know scott also had a bunch from the ditches around his house to grow out for fish food. The demasonis he has would rip them apart.

The Crayfish i had ate a clown pleco, and several guppies/mollies so i wouldnt keep one with non-aggressive fish.

Comment

i was curiuos if they would hurt my africans though. doubt id put one in i was just curious.

Comment

If the africans are big, id think the africans would eat it before it could do any damage.

Put a baby one in, mine didnt seem interested in the fish untill it got to about 4-5"+claws.

Comment

yeah. lol i doubt ill get the courage to try.  i love my babys too much to do anything outta there normal life.  i dont evan use different brands of food. only one brand i trust for what im feedin. lol. im picky.

Comment

The ones for sale for food are farm raised and xtra big.
                          If you catch the ones in the ditches around here they are 1" - 2"
                          not big enough to cook but great toys for a 6" oscar.
                          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I had a crayfish with my africans for about 6 months no problem. Then one day i came back from the store and the crayfish was in pieces. I had 6 pseudos about 4 inches each. no telling which one finally got to him.
                            Softie Reef

Comment

yeah.  they had some diner.

Comment

Working...
                              X