55G Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55G Journal

Now that my 10" Mbu Puffer is sold, I was able to free up this tank and wanted to do another Tanganyikan tank.
    I traded the bigger swords for some smaller ones for my 20 long, and gave the Hygrophila Angustifolia to a friend.
    This time instead of setting up a mixed tanganyikan tank like my other 55, I decided to go with 18 1" Tropheus Moorii
    Chimbas. This is strictly a grow out tank until I get ahold of a bigger one which will be by the end of the summer
    now that school is out.

The Chimbas are being shipped to me tomorrow through a friend of mine in Oregon. I got a really good price on them
    and I'm excited to see what the tank is going to look like with them in it. Keep watch, I should have pictures of them
    within 2 days maximum.

Re: 55g Chimba Journal

Are the rocks balancing there, or do you have something holding together?
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Yea...I was thinking the same question.  I thought about doing that with my Livua colony, but went with larger pieces of Holey Rock.  

Tank looks great J-WS6!

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

If you plan on having babies from your colony I would ditch the giraffe and petricola.

Nice looking tank! hope you made sure the rockpile is sturdy and won't colapse on you.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yeah it's completely balanced. I managed to get the peices arranged to where they fit inside of each other.

Comment

Nice looking tank!  As long as the rocks are secure you shouldn't have any problem.  Just remember that trophs dig a lot.  That means they will undermine the stability of those piles by removing the sand under them.

As for getting more larger F1s, Raul had some larger ones for sale a few weeks ago.  I don't know if he was able to sell them yet, but it's worth a shot.

I agree with Ek on the giraffe cat and petricola.  If you want fry eventually you will have to lose those two.  Not to mention the fact that your giraffe cat will outgrow that tank in less than a year, and need larger housing.
            Join us at
            http://www.allworldcichlids.com/

Comment

I'll probably end up putting them back in my other tanganyikan tank. They were just there to cycle. Thanks for the comments guys

Comment

Update:

Fish have been shipped and should arrive tomorrow around noon.

Comment

Fish have arrived. I will upload pictures later on this evening after I get off!

Comment

edited.

Comment

nice fish and tank....i'll be anxious to see them growing up.....thanks for sharing with us.....

Comment

Sweet!!

maybe to spruce up the bloodline some get some fry from Fishcrazy1. Also check out the link in my sig!
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

as you may know, i sold this tank but kept the chimba's. i've got them in a 40 breeder right now with a different scape. i'll post them later on tonight when i get home.

Comment

Update: For some reason I lost 4 of these a few days after the shipment, then I sold 6 of them to a friend of mine at my office. So I've only got 8 left. Here is the current state of the new tank they are located in:

A few decided to finally come out from the rocks!

..and yes I plan to finish the rock line to the top of the aquarium. I've just been to lazy to wash the other peices off. Also, once I finish the stand for the 75, my tangs will be going in there and eventually (once the chimba's are larger) I hope to put the petro in there as well.

The next project:

Comment

Re: 40Br Chimba Journal

Why did you sell 6 of them? 14 would have been a better number IMO.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X