Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Howdy howdy, Im looking forward to getting into the community here. It seems like a great place for aquarists!

I took an aquatic science class this year in which I set up and cared for a 30 gallon with
    3 silver dollars (Im trying to sell them now. Go look in fish market)
    5 glass catfish
    2 feeder goldfish (one grew to be 5 inches long)
    1 fancy goldfish
    3 guppies
    2 danios
    3 sailfin mollies.
    At one time, I had 6 dwarf gouramis, but they all died (three got "cancer," one got skin rot and the other two bloated. None of my other fish have had any problems at all, I dont know what was wrong with the gouramis) and I had 3 red-clawed crabs too, but they all escaped and flung themselves to untimely deaths.

And now, since my class is over, Ive got a personal little 10 gallon set up in my room with 3 glass cats, 3 silver dollars and a ghost shrimp. I had a crawfish, but it snipped half of the tail off one of my cats and constantly chased the silvers, so I let it go in the pond by my house.
    Once I sell the silvers, Im going to get some more glass cats and more ghost shrimp (not that I have a soft spot for see-through critters at all...)

Re: Howdy

Welcome to the box!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Welcome to the Box!  Glad to have you.

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

Welcome to HFB!

"so I let it go in the pond by my house."
        Is this your pond?
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

welcome
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Its not exactly MY pond, but it belongs to the neighborhood. The poor thing has probably been eaten by now. Weve got some huge perch in there

Comment

welcome

Comment

Welcome!! I have had bad luck with crabs too....but I had one flee in to the filter and live a long time eating Junk!! Good to have you!

Comment

Working...
                X