Question About Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Shrimp

I was reading a posting about shrimp here recently, and was wondering if I could keep any shrimp in with my brichardi's ?
    If so, what kind would be best to keep with them?

PS, I also have 3 small bottom feeder cats in with the brichardi's.

Thanks

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Question About Shrimp

You could keep ghost shrimp..........but as feeders, those brichardi's will eat most any shrimp you put in the tank. Shrimp does best when there are no predators especially carnivores.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

agreed. I have simulans in my cherry shrimp tank. Brichardi's would attack most shrimp.  From what i remember there is an type of large shrimp native to the African rift lakes that may be able to hack it as long as the Brichardi aren't breeding.
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Okay, well, I am trying to get away from watching death and destruction, as I did when I had oscars and other bad a$$ cichlids,  is there something else I can add to the tank that will not be eaten, that might help with keeping the substrate clean, besides the three cats I have in there now?

:?

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

What kind of cats do you have?
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Most anything will be killed or stressed into death with a breeding colony of Brichardi's
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

true true! bredding brichardis are quite terretorial!
              Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
              Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
              Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
              Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
                What kind of cats do you have?
                I am not sure, (dang these scienitific names anyway) I'll have to do some research and get back to you....

CF

Comment

Working...
                X