Does anyone know a place to get a larger Managuensis Cichlid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know a place to get a larger Managuensis Cichlid

I'd like to find one from 6" or preferably a  larger size I was just wondering if someone would happen to know of a place that has one that was traded in or for that matter if theres anyone willing to sell me one of theirs for say 20-35 dollars these are my Favorite Cichlids they go by both Parachromis Managuensis or Jaguar Cichlid anyway thanks in advance

Re: Does anyone know a place to get a larger Managuensis Cic

I do not know how much it costs, so call them first, but I saw one last week at Tropical Fish Depot.

Tropical Fish Depot is I-45 and Almeda Genoa.  I think it is like an exit or two past Houston Hobby if your coming from the northside.
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

hmm I called them and the guy said he doesn't have one but I don't think he knew what I meant by Jaguar or Managuense Cichlid  I Appreciate it though I wish I knew for sure though.........Theres a place on 249 tropical fish and pets I believe it is and they claim to have them but in actuality they are parachromis loiselie and motaguense which aren't Jaguars if you happen to go by there again could you double check for me

Comment

I have no idea, but Fish Ranch II usually has lots of large cichlids for sale - you could try them if you're still looking.
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Thanks for the Tip I called Fish Ranch too and another No Go unfortunately But I'll be looking for one until I post in this Thread that I've got one so if you happen to see a larger than 4-5" hopefully much bigger keep me in mind and let me know I don't really want babies I want Teenagers to adults also it'd also help if you could give me (just a request not a complaint please don't take it in the wrong context) a Phone Number to go with the location I've played hell finding a few numbers from different pet shops around houston Ultimate Fish was a hard number to find for example

Comment

Court - At the top of this page theres a 'MEMBER/LFS MAP'.

If you click it then select POINTS OF INTEREST,  It will show you the addresses and phone numbers of most of the stores in Houston.

Comment

Ok got that covered and I'd seen it before just didn't know the numbers were listed aswell however I still need eye witness sightings of Jaguar Cichlids so I don't drive all over god an creation for nothing so to speak :) the larger the fish the better the smaller Managuensis Cichlids don't have much personality is what I've noticed :)

Comment

How long will it take to grow to 5+" from a baby?

I dont really look around the stores often, but Eklikewhoa is normally pretty good at finding things.

Comment

I'm more interested in overall larger older fish not little ones because they don't have fully developed personalities. I'm not knocking  them mind you. Since all adults started out as babys I'm just saying they're Babys and aren't mature enough to show they're eventual personality and Jaguars in particular are Highly Intelligent Fish equally as intelligent as any dog or cat that I've dealt with. With very complex personalities and one of the problems is like a dog or cat they have the intelligence and ability to choose to either like you or not like you. If they don't particularly care for you, they'll eat the food you give them but won't be excited or happy to see you and you'll miss out on the full dynamics of they're individual Personality. Hmm it's hard to  describe the type of relationship one has with a Jaguar Cichlid. It's quite unique and I'll say this much if you get one, say a young adult, between 7-8" (Boomer was 18" she was Huge but most female Jaguars don't get that big) in either case you won't regret getting one. They are amazing fish and will definitely change anybodies mind that thinks fish are Stupid unintelligent things to be looked at. Boomer was so smart she surprised me one of the things she did before we moved was in our old house we had a window on the right side of her tank, but not on the left. So what she would do without being taught mind you is sweep all the uneaten food and fish waste to that end of the tank because she knew I could vacuum it out from that end ...Now to show her level of intelligence once we moved this new house doesn't have ANY windows anywhere near her tank and she stopped sweeping all the waste to the right side she knew that I would vacuum from either side of the tank and would not favor either side. Now if that isn't intelligence I don't know what is. These are VERY special Fish however take into account that a male Jaguar Cichlid(Parachromis Managuensis) will need close to if not slightly over a 250G Tank to be happy.

Comment

the ones at 249/bammel are mostly motas or freddys or a mix with maganueses, i told them the difference and got myself their only loisellei left, they had 5. They are good people but they really need help when figuring out what they get. They were selling sajicas as convicts, gymnogeophagus brasilineses as a generic geo. surimese. But i would call up xtreme fish and pets. they are good at getting fish.
                    Plecos:
                    L083 (Gibby)
                    L104 (Clown)
                    L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                    L155 (A. Hystrix)
                    L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                    LDA72 (BN)
                    LDA76 (False Zebra)
                    Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
                    Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

Yep I agree on all counts they are very nice people and your right on the money as to what they've got and they're inability to determine what they are.......I Got a Loisellei from them aswell He/She has grown quite abit since I got him/her back in January round the 28-31st of this year

Comment

There are three truly outstanding Jags in the back 200 gallon at Fish Ranch II.  Great coloration.

Comment

fish ranch 2 currently has a breeding pair for 120 bucks,
                          city pets has 1 large on i think 30 bucks,and xtreme has at least one if not 2.
                          [i have 2 also lol..]but there not full size yet~

Comment

Not sure if this is a managuensis, but it seems to be. (Listed as Manganese)
                            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Hi. I have a large Jaguar i would like to get rid of.  He is 8'' x 1 1/2'' thick. Big and beautiful. Full finned.  I have had several large Jags and they are tank busters. Eats 30-40 feeders weekly.  I saw the one at the fish depot off almeda. He was a good looking fish. Mine is bigger. That is my add on craigslist. Spelled it wrong.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X