Marble Rock Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marble Rock Chips

What do ya'll think about some marble rock chips from Ace hardware? Would it be safe? Looks like it has alot of dust on them? Could it be washed and soaked and then put into the tank? Let me know what you think. Thanks for your advice!!!

Re: Marble Rock Chips

A little help, want to use it as the base.

Comment

I have crushed granite and marble as substrate in one of my tanks.  No issues at all in 4 years of service.

I would just make sure you wash/soak the pieces well.  There is no telling what could have gotten on them while they were at Lowes.
      380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
      300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
      180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
      150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Thats what I wanted to here, Thank you now I can get to work. I will also be putting in some pieces of granite that my brother has saved for me from work. I will make caves, tunnels, safehavens for all the fish that fit. Thnak again geoff!!!!!

Comment

I meant to say Ace HArdware.

I had a long weekend...
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Geoff, how long do you think I should soak the rocks? The longer the better or till the water is clear????Thank again!!!

Comment

Hmmm...both? I think you should rinse them until the water is clear and they look clean, i.e. no dust particles, dirt, etc... Are they in a bag?
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

They were in a bag, I have taken them out and rinsed in a 5gal bucket, I also used a strainer to wash off the small particles and dirt. I now have them soaking in the buckets and have been filling with water and then dumping it out and so on, and so on. Now I am just letting them soak. Just wondering how much longer to soak them. I now with aquarium base you just rinse with warm water and in the tank it goes.

Comment

Working...
                X