I just need some advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just need some advice...

I am the stero typical starving college student. The only things I spend any money on are my tanks. Well for my birthday a few weeks back some friends gathered funds and purchased my a 12gal tank. I have had it full and running for about 2 weeks. Here is where I need help, I'm used to keeping turtles and other random critters I find in the river. I want to put something aside from sun perch and crawfish in this new tank. Are there any recomendations aside from goldfish? I figured ya'll would be the best to ask rather than the new guy at Petco...

Re: I just need some advice...

some tetras and plants would look nice...
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I second Armthehomeless' suggestion!

Fish RanchII has a nice selection of tetra,microrasboras and barbs!
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Me three! Small tetras are great for smaller tanks. Cories are great fish, too! As for plants, what kind of light is on the tank? How many watts?
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Thanks, I don't know the watts I will have to find out. Thanks for the tips when I asked the Petco guy and he just said Goldfish. Thank ya'll sooo much! My next question is how many? I have looked for information on this and I can't find any. Thank you for your help!

Comment

Well what kind of tank is it?

also depending on the specific fish you want to keep I would say from 1 to about 15.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

8O  Wow, that tank's too small for even 1 goldfish. Glad you didn't take his advice!

Like ek said, it depends on what kind of tetras you want. You've got a lot to choose from!

Comment

agreed

:)

if it is an eclipse 12g, then it makes pretty good planted tanks if I'm not mistaken...
                Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

You can also get cherry barbs, white clouds, danios or dwarf frogs.

Comment

Dwarf puffers and plants! SHRIMP!!!

I want a little eclips on my desk for puffers and shrimp, otos too.

the 12 comes with a small power compact, pretty good power if i'm not mistaken
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                    n

Comment

A dwarf puffer with some moss.

Comment

It is an eclipse. My friends did do their reasearch when it came to getting it. What are ya'lls opinion on Neon Tetras? What is a dwarf puffer? Sorry I'm at a loss when it comes to store bought fish...

Comment

Ok I looked up the dwarf puffer. They are too cute. But are they hard to keep? I'm sorry if I'm being an annoyance...

Comment

Dwarf's are easy to keep but they love live/frozen foods!

you could check out dwarfpuffers.com or google dwarf puffer.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Also, check out these 2 threads if you want. There are a few people on HFB who have dwarf puffers (and a lot more who want them!):

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                              X