Help I.D. eggs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I.D. eggs...

I keep finding eggs like this around the tank and since the tank is filled with plants I don't bother looking too hard for anything.

The tank houses.....Niger Otocinclus, Celestial Pearl Danios, Random snails, CRS, Bees and Amano shrimp.

The eggs are always on a leaf or branch.

any guess? Idea?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Help I.D. eggs...

Did you put any nerites in that tank? Those look kinda like nerite eggs...
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Sorry, to clarify, nerites will lay eggs in fresh water but the eggs won't hatch.  :)

Comment

I got that answer on another forum too but this is not the first time seeing those eggs and the nerites just got released the other day and I have seen some of those eggs months before.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Strange...Are you going to try to isolate them and see what happens? I'm curious to know what they are!

Comment

Yeah I have pulled them and put them in a breeder net.... last night when doing water changes I found another clump of the eggs.

It has to be something that has been in the tank for awhile now cause the eggs have shown up before....
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I just automatically thought nerites b/c whenever I've seen their eggs, they've been in a line like that, one after the other. Weird!

How many did you find last night? Any developments with the previous eggs?

Comment

The previous eggs look the same.... the new clutch has about 12 eggs
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Any news??

Comment

I gave up on the ones I put in the breeder net.....there is a whole lotta of them in the tank though which I am keeping an eye on those.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Got a new camera so I took a picture of this....

A lot of them are looking like this...tube down and gravid.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Oto eggs? cool!
                        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

they sure look like nerite snail eggs to me.  I have them ALL OVER every tank I've got the snails in.  They don't seem particular where they deposit them - plants, glass, driftwood, filters, rocks - even on other snails!  They're stuck on pretty well too, had to really scrape with a plastic scraper to get them off.  The loaches don't seem interested in eating them at all either (I have Yoyo's, clowns and Kuhlii's).
                          I have one of those 2-piece magnetic glass cleaners - the kind where one piece is in the tank, one one out and you move the one outside and the inside one follows to clean the tank walls.  That gizmo didn't even make a scratch on the eggs.  They're hard, not soft and don't slide on the glass.

I'll try to remember to take a photo of mine so you can compare.  Hopefully I'll get off work before 9pm today  :(.
                          The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                          Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I have heard they are nerites but multiple people now but that doesn't explain why these eggs were showing up way before I added nerites to the tank.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                            X