Gold Severum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Severum

I have a pair of Severums that are spawning in a 55 gallon. They have laid thier eggs today and I was needing to know if there is any thing I need to do to help the hatch. Last time a fungus had grown on the eggs after one day in the tank I have not seen this take place yet and hope it doesn't. Does any body know how long it takes for them to hatch? Thanks a head of time for you help

Re: Gold Severum

I had a pair of GS in 93 that spawned and their eggs hatched in a two or three days if I remember correctly. I am sure it was less than 4 days.

Keep me posted, I just bought 3 small severums last friday, I'm just starting over again.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I'm not too knowledgeable about Severums spawning, are they similar to a lot of other cichlids in that they will eat any eggs that have fungus? Are you keeping the parents in the tank with the eggs, or separating them? I've heard that eggs that are not fertilized will be susceptable to fungus, so make sure it's a male and a female and not 2 females!  :P

Hope everything turns out all right!
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

good luck man.  i got the same thing going on.

Comment

Working...
        X