Members I've havn't noticed around in a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members I've havn't noticed around in a while

I was just thinking of members that I haven't seen in a while.

Hope things are well with them.

Vanimal
    Coop
    Jose
    Candace
    Alanb
    Smoking_Cache
    Daisymac

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Re: Members I've havn't noticed around in a while

I logged in for the first time in a long while and this was the first post on the list!! Like it was calling me. All is well on this end. The new house is taking up all the free time. For some reason I decided to build a raised veggie beg in the back yard. It will be made from 225 12" Windsor stone. This was a great idea until they delivered the stones. OH MY LORD!!!!! These things weigh 25lbs each and must be moved from the drive way to the back yard. My back hurts. Anyway, we have decided to turn our formal dining room into a formal sitting room with at least a 180g tank. I am still up in the air on the planted or saltwater issue. I am actually thinking more on the lines of two 150g stacked on one another with a common sump that would be located in the garage. One of which would be planted and the other not. Has anyone ever seen a setup like that? Maybe I should start a thread on it. So what have I missed? Anything exciting?
    Smokin_Cache
    Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
    Lets see what the imagination fruits.
    Check out my last tank

Comment

I have noticed a lot of MIA's, hope they are doing ok.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Glad you're going to get a tank (or tankS), Smokin! Start a thread on your idea of the 2 150g's, I'm having truoble picturing the setup in my mind.  :)
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Great to see you around Smoke!

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

Awwww looks like i've been missed,lol
            Well my new job is keeping me away from the computer alot. I work 6 days a week. At my last job I had a computer so you would see me post during the day and now I don't. Home Depot bought out my job in Jan. 2006 and in August they annouced they were shutting us down on Nov. 1st. I didn't worry about getting a job because I had connections 8)  . Now I work for a place that i'm overpaid at thanks to some people(no names,lol). Also I moved into an upstairs apartment so I decided to trim down on my tanks to 1 but i'm picking up a 75g this weekend. My car  :) takes up a lot of my time too.(Truthfully my time away is because of the wife lol). Just seems like a couple days ago when eklikewhoa's post count was in the hundreds lol. I was thinking of maybe going to the next HLA auction.

Comment

Yes I need to start a thread. Also glad also to see I was missed. I think I have decided against the double stack. I don't think I want to care for two!
              Smokin_Cache
              Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
              Lets see what the imagination fruits.
              Check out my last tank

Comment

Awww . . . someone missed me. How nice! I am having troubles with my elderly MIL. Since I work out of my home, and we live the closest to her, my DH and I carry the load of her care while her older son and his wife go on trips, get a new home built, plan a blow-out wedding for their daughter and pretty much wash their hands of the situation. She is in an assisted living center now, but her money is running out and I am looking for a nursing home and checking into medicaid. She has parkinsons and is getting so bad so quickly, the she needs more care and we don't have the money to up her level at the place she is at now.

SO, if anyone has a family member in a nice nursing home that takes medicaid please send me a note. I am hoping to keep her close by. We are close to the inner loop (around 610 and 290 connection) but would consider going out 290, Spring Branch area, inner loop, etc., but would consider any place that is nice and doesn't smell too bad.

I am also in charge of taking care of having my FIL's ashes interned. He donated his body to science and finally after almost 2 years he is ready to be shipped home.

Needless to say, my tank has taken a back seat to the reality of life and I am even considering selling it. I hate to do it, but . . . The fishie boys are doing fine, but the last round of problems discouraged me beyond belief. Other than the above, I am fine!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your MIL.  I understand the amount of time and care that is involved.  

That bites if you find yourself in the situation of selling your tank.  Maybe just sell the fish and put your tank in storage.  That way when the time comes, you will already have a tank on hand.

Prayers and best wishes...

Raul
                  Raul
                  PokerFace

Comment

Thanks Raul. I really don't want to get rid of the tank, but I am finding it hard to take care of. I really don't have anywhere to store it, so that's not an option. What I need is a maid for the tank! LOL!

Comment

Good to see you daisy!! You had me worried...

Let us know if we can help. :)
                      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Thanks MB! I've missed being around.

Comment

Any of the oldtimers still keep in touch with Daisy?
                          Raul
                          PokerFace

Comment

what about lomax?

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002 View Post
                              Any of the oldtimers still keep in touch with Daisy?
                              Hey Raul! It's Daisymac, but now just plain old Daisy. I have new contact info and when I tried to log in with the old nickname I couldn't because I don't remember the password, and that email address is long gone, so had no way to "ask for help." Anyway, here it is 4 years later and I need to sell my tank. Never did get it up and running again. Oh well . . . it was nice when I could do it, but too many other things had to come first. Hope all is well with the oldtimer fish people. See ya around! :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X