Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Houston Fish Box

Greetings Everyone,

I am just returning to the hobby/addiction of keeping fish. I am interested in small cichlids now, getting away from large carnivors like Oscars and the like. I am looking for information about where is the best place around houston to purchase an 80 gallon &/or above glass or acrylic tank. I would like to purchase something soon and get started again as quickly as possible. I have no objections to buying used tanks if anyone local to me (North West Houston) would like to sell something I might be interested in. Keep in mind, I'll be needing all the goodies and so forth to go along with the hobby. I will try not to clog up the forum with mondain or worthless chatter, but would like to get to know some of you folks better, if you have the time to chat and write emails. Feel free to leave mail, pm's or any type of communication if you would like to share some of your experience with small cichlids and or the hobby in general. I'm happy to have found this site and look forward to chatting with some of you soon.

Sincerely

SLaForce
    Houston
    AKA

CichlidFan
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Thank You Houston Fish Box

Hi and Welcome!

Comment

Keep on eye out on craigslist, and other forums like marshreef - and of course HFB - that are local to Houston. Many of us have found wonderful deals from these places.

Further, talking about our experiences with small cichlids and the hobby are what this site is all about! So don't worry about clogging up the forums, we love stories and sharing our knowledge and experiences!

Great to have you, and Welcome to HFB!  
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Welcome
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I have a 70 gallon with all the bells and whistles except gravel.

Please take a look at my add in this forum in the Fish market.

Take care,

Geoff
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Welcome to the box!
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I saw a 150 gallon tank 4x2x2.5 at craigslist yesterday. good filter, but needing resealing for $300. i'd jump on it if I didn't already have that tank.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
              n

Comment

Thank You all for the warm welcome and tips on where to buy.
                Using information I obtained from this site, I have already  purchased two new tanks, a 75 & 125 Gallon Tank. I bought them from Wie, Aaron and Phil at Fishland on Westheimer Blvd.

I look forward to hearing and sharing tips and stories of all kinds down the road, till then, thanks again everyone.

PS.  Nice website HFB, I really like the resource's and menu's offered here.

If anyone would like to visit my own personal website, you can find out more about me, aka - CichlidFan at www.slaforce.com
                Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
                X