More creepy crawlers...Round Worms..eww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More creepy crawlers...Round Worms..eww

A little over a week ago i noticed a massive population of ostracods in my cherry shrimp tank. Didn't bother me much till i saw the dreaded Hydra popping up every where like crazy. Being scared that the hydra may hurt newly hatched shrimp i put them (shrimp) all in a qt tank. Treated the tank with salt and turned up the heat also did massive water changes. Now i have some round worms also known as horse hair worms. Ive read on a few sites that they can harm small aquatic live and invertebrates and some other sites say they only take on an insect host. I haven't had any shrimp deaths and they don't seem bothered by the worms but my question is if these round worms can hurt my shrimp?

Re: More creepy crawlers...Round Worms..eww

I'm going to respond with "I don't know!" but just because I wanted to bring this back, in case someone who can help didn't see it.  :)

The only question I have is - how do you think they arrived in your QT? Did you transfer any old substrate? Feed a certain kind of food?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Re: More creepy crawlers...Round Worms..eww

I get weird little things in my RCS tank too..... I added 5 Boraras Brigittae and they are all gone now...I didn't notice any reduction in stock or shrimplets though.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
      X