My angels have spawned!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My angels have spawned!!

Well i just watched (for the last 5 hours) two of my angels spawning.

90% of the time they were chasing away other angels. I eventually moved the other bigger angels to a seperate tank, and the pair started spawning.

It was more sudden than i expected. The male has been bullying the others around for the last month or so. Yesterday he stopped picking on one of the angels and just chased others away from her. Last night you could see their papillae, so i was hoping it would be soon.

Ill have to get some pictures, theres a lot of eggs. The male didnt appear to eat any, he seemed to know what he was doing from the start. This is the first spawn for either fish, they are approx. 8 months old(Gold male) 6 months old (Silver female(I think shes a veil tail, her fins and tail are much longer than my other angels))

Re: My angels have spawned!!

congrats!
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thanks Tim.

Comment

Congrats  

Let us know how it goes with the new parents!
        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I transferred the eggs (on slate) into an empty milk jug and attached it inside the tank. Ive added an airpump and now i just have to wait.

The parents are obviously upset that i took their babies, i feel kinda bad but they couldnt have kept them in the community tank. Too many plecos and other fish that would have gotten them(If the filter and gravel didnt).

Comment

Pictures. Sorry the tanks have some watermarks.

Comment

nice lookin' parents, congrats! 8)  8)  8)

Comment

Congrats.

Beautiful angels make beautiful babies. (:

Let me know if you're looking to sell some when they hatch.

Kind Regards.
                Alexa
                Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
                Alexa Rae
                Co-President of CAK
                MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

If anyone can give me a definate identification of the mother, id appreciate it.

I used to think she was a silver, but after looking through pictures she looks like she could be a ghost?

Thanks Naps and Alexa.

I'll keep posted on how they do.

Comment

Way to go!
                    Raul
                    PokerFace

Comment

I was thinking ghost when I first looked at her.  I'm not very good at angelfish phenotypes but I thought a silver had to have the three stripes and a ghost none.  Hopefully fisheysue, cameo or obed will be along to give you a certain answer.  At any rate both parents are lovely fish.  Keep us updated on the progress wit the fry  
                      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Another of the mother. When she was spawning another black stripe appeared, but it went pretty quickly afterward.

Time to set up the BBS hatchery!!

Comment

Definately looks like a ghost to me. They're very pretty!

Ellen

Comment

imho, it looks like a Silver to me. The stripes that are apparent are evenly lined.  The Silver Ghosts I've seen have more broken up, splotchy stripe remnants.

Comment

The Angelfish Society wasfounded in 2000 and became incorporated in March 2003 as a not-for-profit corporation. We are a collection of Angelfish enthusiasts, hobbyists and breeders who are interested in the advancement of our hobby, through improvements in the quality of the fish we keep and breed, by employing the standards of TAS.

Check out the phentype library, we just redid a large part of it..
                              you should be able to look at the pictures and figure out what your fish should look like for any given phenotype. or compare yours to the pictures to find out what genotype it is...
                              GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Working...
                              X