Hello again, ideas please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again, ideas please

Hello all. Its been awhile. Looks like i may be getting back into the scene again, but at a much smaller size. I am looking to go with an Eclipse or Nano 12 gal setup. I am looking for ideas on what to stock if i go this route. I need small fish that are nice to look at but dont want to go with any type of betta. I do want a small puffer or two and i was thinking of a calvus, being since they dont grow very fast at all. I will also put a bristlenose pleco to clean. Any ideas are welcome. Anyone that has an Eclipse or Nano setup that they want to part with, let me know. Thanks.
    Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Re: Hello again, ideas please

If it were me I would get the Nanocube and upgrade the lighting and do a planted tank.

Or upgrade the thing to metal halide, much larger pump, compat flourescent,s, Moonlights, chiller, skimmer, fuge light and do a reef setup!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

how about a planted shrimp tank? alot of the smaller tetras would look nice in there as well...
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Shrimp....Microrasboras.....Boraras......Danios... ..
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i think a planted shrimp tank would be cool too. some of the smaller rainbows would look great too, threadfins, or celebes, in a 12 you could even get away with a few praecox.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

sounds good, but i dont think i am ready for or into planted tanks too much. i really did want a puffer though. dont know yet. decisions decisions.
            Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Comment

I say a dwarf puffer with some java moss or fern and a driftwood center peice.

Comment

Working...
              X