Fish Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Gallery

This just had to be done. Village is no longer there!!

Re: Fish Gallery

fair enough, i guess old habit die hard right, does that mean we should delete the old one now that its defunct? :wink:
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Was there today and they are starting to get some interesting things.....

what I remember....

Tiger shrimp
      "new" bee shrimp (not to be mixed with CRS/Bee shrimp)
      Celestial pearl danios (galaxy)
      pencil fish (Nannostomus marginatus, I think) mixed in with other fish in the tank below the celestials
      Green Flame tetra
      New apisto's briganta or something like that
      Discus that were actually nice and healthy looking
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Just wanted to let those that don't know......they are open and with Don there they are getting some really nice stuff!

This past weekend they had....

Chocolate gourami's
        Scarlet Badis
        Some sort of new Microrasboras

and the word is that they will soon be carrying ADA products.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Store is looking better all the time....they also have checkerboard cichlids. They have a tank of German and Bolivian rams.

The apistos are not brigante but bitaeniata which they brought over from the Shepherd store. Their new ones are local grown  double and triple reds, and orange flash as well.

Comment

OH SNAP!!!!!  :dance:  :clap: Don is over there!!!! That's my homeboy!!! I've been wondering where he went b/c I didn't see him over at Fish Ranch.  Good lookin' on that 1 Ek!!!!

Hold up...where exactly is Fish Gallery?

Comment

59 and kirby
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

right behind the cafe japon and taco cabana
                Never fear I is here
                David Abeles
                Vice President
                Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I've been by Fish Gallery a few times since it opened. On my last visit (this past weekend) the tanks still had the hazy cycling funk. Talked to Don, Steve and they readily admitted the tanks were still cycling. I would be hesitant to buy any fish for a few more weeks. I saw floaters left and right and made sure I pointed them out.

Village has always one of my favorite stores, Don and Steve know better then cycling tanks on the backs of their customer's charges but I guess the rent has to be paid and proper cycling/accliamtion procedures are foregone in lieu of sales.

General plant selection was nothing spectacular, although I must admit it was the first time I have every seen Glosso in prepackaged fiber packed plastic containers.

I'm sure Don and Steve will have things up to snuff in the near future, but  I'm going to wait until they do.

Best regards,

William

Comment

I was in today and they must have just gotten a plant order in because the plant tanks were packed. Still a lot of floaters and tanks marked NFS though.
                    Brian

Comment

Brian,

No doubt the plant holding tanks are stocked but  nothing out of the ordinary - other then the farm grown glosso.  That said I'm sure we'll start seeing harder to find plants as the store takes root.....

Best regards,

William

Comment

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed too. When I first walked in I knew I was going to buy something, but walked out with nothing. It was impressive looking with the tanks nice and full though.

Comment

I was there today and picked up a few things. Discus were incredibly expensive. plants looked good but I was hoping for more

Alot more room but not a whole lot more inventory from what i could see.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                          n

Comment

love fish gallery.. good place to hang out and gaze at the massive 5000 gallon tank. not a lot of oddballs, but nice place and excellent people.  oh and they have those random sidewalk sales, ive only been to one, the most recent one and good stuff.. anyone check it out?

Comment

Don is da man there.  I usually buy my frozen Hikari foods there.........krill, mysis, bloodworms, daphnia.

If you're coming from downtown or traveling south down 59, take the Shepherd/Greenbriar exit (the same one for Village)........it's alot easier than trying to exit on Kirby and cut 3-4 lanes over.
                              180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Working...
                              X