small green algae making water cloudy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small green algae making water cloudy

Does anybody know where to get microfiltration pad for canister filter or something which will filter out small algae and clear the water in my tank? I will appreciate any advise. Don't want to use any chemical antyalgae compounds.
    Thanks.

Re: small green algae making water cloudy

If your water is cloudy it could be a bacteria bloom which will take care of itself.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I am pretty sure it is algae as I have to clean the tank glass every other day, intense green color.

Comment

A diatom filter will make your water sparkle.

AB uses a larger version to take the haze out of their beer before they put it in the bottles.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Is your tank near a window where the sun can get to it?  That will make your water green no matter how much you clean it.
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

If it is bright blue /green, and grows really fast, it may be cyano bacteria. Try keeping all lights off and tank covered for 3 days; that , and a little antibiotic fixed my problem with BGA.
            Regular plants will absorb nutrients and compete with any algae it you have enough light, and plants. I have a few tanks in south windows and even throw in ivy cuttings to help absorb nutrients . Of about 10 tanks I have only one tends to get algae on the glass, and it gets no sunlight.

Comment

Working...
            X