Galaxy Rasbora Threatened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy Rasbora Threatened?

Found this looking around, I hadn't heard about this.

Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Galaxy Rasbora Threatened?

Yeah it's all over the web!

6 months after being discovered and they are at risk of being wiped out! Another thing, the galaxy has been re-classified as Celestial pearl danio or something of that nature.

I think there was one good shipment to the LFS around town that cater to that stuff and they are all gone now. I was able to scrounge up some from Fish Ranch II to try and breed them. I think GulfCoastDiscus can bring in a box at a time but I am waiting to hear back from him.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah, that's what the article said - Celestial Pearl Danio. I just put Galazy Rasbora in the title so people would know what fish I was talking about.  :)

It's really too bad. Do you have yours in a species tank? Is there a lot of info out there on breeding them?
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Not really much info other than they somewhat readily breed.

I have gotten lots of "foreplay" from the male that's in there. Right now they are in my planted tank with the white clouds and the apisto's but I am upgrading my zebra tank so that 20long will be for the Celestial's and hopefully I can get a lot more to greater the chance.

Off the top of my head I think I read.....7.4ph, 74-76f, eggs layed in moss, male more blue with stripes in fins and full red while females lacked it.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

How much do these go for?  I'd be interested in getting some to keep and breed as well.

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

Ek,

I found a link to someone who had some of his breed.

Enjoy!

Informations about aquatic moss, aquarium moss, Vesicularia dubyana. Cultivation of Java Moss, Christmas Moss. This site provides all information about the cultivation of the different aquatic moss, aquarium moss, available to all hobbyist in order to create a nature aquarium. Tropical fish, fish tank, aquarium products.

Raul
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

I got mine at a pretty decent deal from Fish Ranch for $8ea.

I think GCD could bring in some but it might be a box deal which would be like 30pc I am thinking. Wanna split a box Raul?
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I would consider it, depends on how much.  Aqua Zoo was selling theirs for 5.99 when they had them.

Raul
                Raul
                PokerFace

Comment

I think that $5 price is behind us now.

Now that they are almost gone I think the price has gone up. On aquabid if you buy a box of 30-35 with shipping it comes out to be about $6-7 ea.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Alot of the local fish stores don't know this.  The only one that I called that knew this was Fish Ranch.

Raul
                    Raul
                    PokerFace

Comment

Yeah but what LFS in town do you know still has any for sale?
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

If I tell you, you're gonna run over and get them all... :crazy:
                        Raul
                        PokerFace

Comment

Hahahahaha, I will just call myself then.....  

j/k I would like to add some more to the 8 I have now but don't mind waiting unless you are on the fence about them.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'd be glad to go in on a mass quantity of them with someone or a few of you!  Especially if we can get the price down to 5$ each or so (less preferably).

I've got some now (about 25ish) - they're tiny guys and I'd like to keep a group in a few different tanks.  This way if one tank gets some illness I won't have all of them at risk.  I've got about 10 in a bookshelf 5-gal, they're still sooo skittish still.  The rest are still in my QBucket - they arrived last week.
                            The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                            Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Fish Ranch got some more in but they say it will be their last shipment for a very long time.

$12.99 ea or 5/$50.........looks like the market has already inflated due to population.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X