Black Moba Momma F1 Fry Pics @ 22 Days Post-Spawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Moba Momma F1 Fry Pics @ 22 Days Post-Spawn

I took some still pics of my F1 egg-bound fry spawned by my black moba momma.  These 33 little ones were spawned on Feb 14...Valentine's Day so they are 22 days old now.  I think they are showing some awesome coloring already!!!!!!

I keep my newbie fry in the tumbler until all their egg sac is absorbed and then transfer them into diy floating nurseries.  Tiny food is sucked to the bottom of the tumbler during feeding time and these little fry go to town..........so they are getting the best of both worlds--nutrition from the egg sac and real food!  LOL

they are pretty active little things!!!!!!!!

they are bouncing up and down in this pic!!!! LOL

here's another spawn currently in a floating nursery right now.  Notice the color difference between these fry (which I think already have nice coloring) and those from my black moba momma.

same black moba momma fry taken on 2/25 at 11 days post-spawn
    180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Re: Black Moba Momma F1 Fry Pics @ 22 Days Post-Spawn

FReakin awesome bro!!!

Have you had any spawns this big before?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Are you going to sell any of these at any point?

Comment

Knowing how good Ron's stock is they are probably already sold when the momma was holding!
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
          Knowing how good Ron's stock is they are probably already sold when the momma was holding!
          all 33 of the fry from my black moba momma were sold in 1 day to 3 out-of-town customers......1 is driving 4 hours and the others over 9 hours (1-way) to get them..........WOW!!!!!!!!!!  

the 20 from the 2 prior spawns--10 are going to San Antonio.......i have 10 left and have 3 customers already waiting in-line to get these.  

ek, I have customers waiting in-line already for fry from my black moba mommas' next spawn.........she's not due to hold for another 60 days or so.
          180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Wow....didn't know that I was talking to the Moba King...LOL.  If you don't mind me asking, how much are they going for?

Comment

Originally posted by Hanson77";p="
              Wow....didn't know that I was talking to the Moba King...LOL.  If you don't mind me asking, how much are they going for?
              sent you a pm.

Comment

RonR
                I would like to be added to a list. Would you pm me with details?
                Thanks

Comment

I guess not.. .. . . Hey Ron, I'm not in a hury right now to start my set up, But in the future, I would like to buy from your stock. So one day drop me a reply so I can get on your list. Maybe later in the year I would like to have dibs on about 10 fry. Let me know...

Ray

Comment

RonR doesn't frequent here as much as say Cyphos.com or Cichlid-forums.com so that might be the reason you haven't gotten a reply.

I sent you a pm though but I guess there is no interest there.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                    X