Aquadise plants came in....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquadise plants came in....

So today I got my big order from Aquadise (on ebay) in the mail.  I had ordered 2 plant packages.  I am mostly satisfied with my order- just 1 plant type missing (Java Fern Lace) and 1 set less than ordered ( 3 instead of 5 java moss balls)- I'll be contacting Aquadise about it.

Here is officially what was ordered and each name is linked to a photo in my Flickr account .  

Bliss Mount
    Java fern - 5 bunches
    Java fern lace - 2 plants  (no plants hence no pic)
    Rotala rotundifolia - 2 bunches
    Ludwigia repens - 2 bunches
    Pearlgrass - 2 bunches

Eden
    Microswords - 5"x2" portion
    Anubias nana - 20 leaves
    Java fern 'narrow' - 2 pots
    Java moss - 5 golfballs
    Crypt Brown & Assorted - 5 plants
    Cyperus Helferi - 5 plants

Please let me know though if you feel any plant isn't what they claim it to be.

In the end I am happy I ordered from Aquadise and feel I saved a lot of money compared to many stores in town.  I will put up pictures as I re-scape my to aquariums (both 20 gallons) and let you know how they grow...

Re: Aquadise plants came in....

I don't know what rotundifolia looks like emersed grown but if that isn't then its not RR.
    The ludwiga is also emersed grown and both of which will die off and you will have lots of leaves to scoop out before getting close to normal submersed state.

When I got my limnophila aromatica from him emersed I asked about it and he had no idea what I was talking about and told me they came submersed grown and promised to replace it.......I still haven't seen anything and if I wanted to deal with emersed grown L.Aromatica I would have went to the asian market and picked up a bunch for $0.59.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The Rotala and Ludwiga are the emmersed versions.  Unfortunately, a lot of plants come in like that.  My Ammania senegalensis came in not looking anything like the pictures.....but a couple months later all of the old leaves fell off and were replaced by the right ones.  Hard to find places that dont growht them emmersed.

Comment

I had odered Ammania Gracilis and got Polygonum sp. 'Sao Paulo' instead.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Glad to hear your plants came in and they were decent.  Hopefully they're getting their act together and will be able to rebuild their reputation.  Enough reports like yours or better and I just might buy from them again.  

I just wish they offered local pickup.  Even if they only hand me the box thru the door it's quicker than postal service.  

Spot
          The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
          Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I haven't planted any of them yet- just let them soak last night to wash off anything I don't want in my tank- plus it was late and I'll need a few hours to design the tank-

But here's my question with the emersed vs submersed- do I just plant them normally or do I have to slowly convert them?  Does it matter?

Also any reccommendation of fertilizer or the sort to help these little buggers thrive back?

Thanks

Comment

Just plant them normally. It's a pain, at least for me, but they eventually grow into their submerged form. Just make sure nothing in the tank is prone to nibbling plants - in my experience emersed grown plants are irresistable to these guys!

And I'd like to know any tips or tricks, as well!
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Spot, there is an ongoing thread over at apc with continuing poor service.

Gator, just plant them like normal as mzungu stated and wait. Mine took about a week before I got any change. From what I hear I got it good cause it just lost its leaves and grew back nicely.

I dosed ferts heavily(already had plants in the tank) 30ppms of co2 and high light helped me.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                X