Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 (or more) quick questions before the big move....lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 (or more) quick questions before the big move....lol.

#1) Can I use 2 magnum 350 filters?? Will it help with filtration greatly?

#2) Do you think it's possible for me to leave close to 30 fish in a 25 gallon tank overnight? or will they die automatically?

#3) How many times should I rinse my pool sand and where can I get it?

#4) Will I be able to fit my old media (penguin 350/emporer 400) fit into my new magnum 350 filter?

#5) What new media should I buy for the new magnum??

#6) What is a good fish food? I really would like to feed them right this time around. I usually feed them Spectra Max Platinum food.

#7) How many times a week can I feed them brine shrimp?

Thank you for your answers and help ahead of time. You have no clue how much you all have helped me!!
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
    Alexa Rae
    Co-President of CAK
    MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Re: 2 (or more) quick questions before the big move....lol.

#2 only if they are less than 1.5" each
    #3 as many times as you can. (more is better) Available at most Home improvement stores -should be in the Lawn & garden section
    #7 Three times a day, 7 days a week
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Here is my two cents...

#1) You can never have too much filtration.  Some of us here use more than is recommended.  Just remember that this really only prolongs how often you would have to do a water change.  Keep in mind that you should do routine water changes regardless.  

#2) Like Baker said....it depends how big your fish are.  I have kept 30+ fish in a 20g long tank for a few days before and they ranged from 1" to 3".  They were fine, but I aerated the tank.  With that many fish, a small tank with a filter alone would not provide enough oxygenation (not sure if that is a word) for the water.

#3) Rinse and Rinse again till the water is not cloudy anymore and no debris float to the top.  Can be bought at Leslie's Pools or any other Pool store.

#4) I'm not sure.  You could just place the old filters in the new tank and tie to a rock or something if it floats.  This should be good enough.

#5) You want something biological, Charcoal, Ammo, plenty of filter pads.

#6) What kind of fish do you have.  Usaully a Flake food with high protien content is good.  Like 35% - 40+%.  Many use New Life Spectrum pellets.

#7) Its up to you, but you may find that your fish will only eat brine after a while.  I think brine should be used as a treat 2-3 times a week.  Opinions on this and everything else I mentioned will vary.  Its up to you to decide the best actions to take.

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

#s 2, 6, and 7 really all depend on what fish you have.

#2) Is it necessary to leave them in the smaller tank overnight?

Everything else PhishPhreek and Raul covered.  :)
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
        X